BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Thank you, I'll try that. My email was a response to Mike Latham's "newsletter" or whatever he sent a few weeks ago and he probably got too many replies to go through. We'll see if this works.

I don't send the newsletters from an inbox; they are sent by a service. Although I would expect to see them but no joy - don't know where they actually went. You might try the contact on the website or the email that sent you the order confirmation et.al.

To answer your question - If I had the pivot I would have heated up the joint and replaced them myself instead of discounting. But, I have asked the factory for a few, so may have some one of these days. Send me an email directly and I can hold on to it until I know if I will get any.

My suspicions are confirmed...
The 2 knives ...one for yours truly and one for some Quensland bloke called freezergeezer...have arrived safely courtesy of the most generous fellow of the porch Eisman...Cheers Kevin ....but wait ...I know you want more mine came with a choice belt pouch and small UH Schrade stockman...Thank you Kevin..
Matt I will forwstd your knife and pouch next week...after the postmen get back.
Cheers
20201224-195554.jpg

And oh the Scales...for 10 long years I voted ,polled,pestered and harangued for Rams Horn scales and finally my relentless campaigning has born fruit...not just some boring old paddock plodder...NO! As soon as I handled the 2020 I became a Mighty Mouflon ..scampering from peak to peak of the snow capped Italian Alps...my magnificent horns butting away snow leopards and hunters as if they were mere gnats...my huge bellowing roar causing avalanches....on other mtn ranges....In short hugely regal and superb.
What a bonza xmas present.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Well......it happend today. My forum knife took a ride through the washer and dryer! Luckily its stainless and ti! No damage at all. I heard the thunk...thunk...thunk..... in the dryer and just had a feeling that i should check. Luckily it only spent a minute or two in the dryer. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Well......it happend today. My forum knife took a ride through the washer and dryer! Luckily its stainless and ti! No damage at all. I heard the thunk...thunk...thunk..... in the dryer and just had a feeling that i should check. Luckily it only spent a minute or two in the dryer. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

....well, at least you'll be able to make a clean cut

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

meako meako You got a great one Jon :cool: I'm sure you're going to really like this knife, it's all about quality:thumbsup:

Enjoy the Christmas mate, at least you have decent weather for house-arrest in the garden :D

Regards, Will

Well, Ms. Clause finally released this to me on the 25th. Like many have already commented - very well made knife. I like the mark side especially well on this one. Would have blown my socks off if the pile side matched. Very happy to have this one in the collection - mainly for what it represents. Glad that 2020 didn’t knock the forum knife off the rails!

afiOr9Y.jpg

6JbpIIT.jpg

Well, Ms. Clause finally released this to me on the 25th. Like many have already commented - very well made knife. I like the mark side especially well on this one. Would have blown my socks off if the pile side matched. Very happy to have this one in the collection - mainly for what it represents. Glad that 2020 didn’t knock the forum knife off the rails!
I think Ive got the opposite twin here....
053020EC-D742-44E7-A9EB-ABB0B29D1E3F.jpeg
10197462-B963-4021-AD65-84C0A18F6A6C.jpeg

@freezergeezer Matt I posted yours from Sutherland ,Sydney this morning....looks like it will be 2021 before it gets there...:(...so first one to be delivered for the new year:D.

I pm'd you but not sure if it went through...
Cheers.

afiOr9Y.jpg

6JbpIIT.jpg

- agreed and well said, particularly that the vast majority of us are happy and received prior to Christmas - well done Viper and Mike.

I bought 10 and distributed to other guys here in UK - there were a few moans about the differences in scales from one to the other as well........considering the nature of Rams Horn and the production levels that had to be sustained, they’ve done a great job. Dealing with a natural product that can be as darned pernickety as Rams Horn - it’s not easy for sure.

For myself, having a very precisely man-made metal thing with clothes on of an organic nature is perfect - great Yin/Yan :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, the precision and quality of these knives show much to be impressed by. Mine's been cutting all manner of stuff with no hesitancy at all. Plus you have these quirky beautiful natural scales on board and it's no deadweight in the pocket :cool:

Thanks so much to Santa (and Mike)! One of few bright spots in this year and very much appreciated.

This knife is my surprise hit of the year with beautiful covers and wonderful fit and finish.

Going to check out more CK Vipers for sure!

Back