Bicycles!

A quick shot from today's ride.

51r1sih.jpg

that qualifies as a classic now, and looks like it's in great shape:thumbsup:
been a minute since I went for a ride, the trails around here these days are lousy with people
I built that in about 2000 and it was the 1st Santa Cruz Superlite in New Mexico. It's still a great ride. I do like my Tracer better.
50 degrees and sunny here today so all of the close to town trails are WAY too busy.
I know that some people think Shimano only builds fishing gear but it's all XTR and still works like a charm.

Last edited:
V
I built that in about 2002 and it was the 1st Santa Cruz Superlite in New Mexico. It's still a great ride. I do like my Tracer better.
50 degrees and sunny here today so all of the close to town trails are WAY too busy.
I know that some people think Shimano only builds fishing gear but it's all XTR and still works like a charm.
Very nice,
I can't wait to ride our Mtn. bikes here in the town of a hundred backcountry trails!

I love that generation of XTR, so stealth bomber and angular before they went all baller. Those Avid brakes on there?
RF cranks are the only ones of that era that you still see a lot of. Great Canadian machining

Chris King makes the best stuff of any era, this one included. Every American should be proud of the company that Chris King built, and especially from a responsibility standpoint. His company is a good social steward, one of only a small number in a sea of profiteering scumbaggery

I've gotta go through all my crap one of these days, so many cool vintage mtb parts
Could be worth a fair bit if you cleaned them up and listed them where enthusiasts could find them.

Like that pic of the older Campy Super Record stuff. I lusted after those back in the 80s (but chose Dura Ace instead). Had a riding buddy with the SR set on his bike. But then again, I paid for mine. His parents bought him a Jag for his birthday before he even got his Learner's permit lol.

Chris King makes the best stuff of any era, this one included. Every American should be proud of the company that Chris King built, and especially from a responsibility standpoint. His company is a good social steward, one of only a small number in a sea of profiteering scumbaggery
Back in the early 2000’s I (and crew) gutted and ran all the electric in their facility in Portland. It was an old building being repurposed for King facility.

Back