Review BK62 Video Review

Guys, I just posted a BK62 review video and wanted to share with you! I hope you can enjoy me nerding out about the 62, I think my husband is getting tired of me talking about this knife lol. I want to say thank you to this subforum for all the awesome discussion around the BK62. I've picked up the Camping and Woodcraft book by Kephart and had a lot of fun learning about him. @Ethan Becker I borrowed a quote from you, hope that's ok! Anywho, let me know what y'all think!

Only had time this morning to watch a few minutes before work, but will watch it in it's entirety this evening. :thumbsup:

Hey Cap, great video. Pretty awesome how you put the knife through its paces and take it from processing firewood, to food prep, and demonstrating its wide range of utility. :thumbsup:

On the personal side, having a daughter, itโ€™s great seeing your passion in the video. Girl power rocks! My daughter has housed (thatโ€™s Brooklyn NY slang for โ€œtakenโ€) my Kershaw chive and a SAK. I have a BK5 ready for whenever she wants it. :D

Thanks for sharing! :)

Whilst your presentation isnt as refined and edited as some channels I liked it.
I found your enthusiasm for Kephart and the outdoors infectious and your manner on film lighthearted amd easy to follow. Its a well done from me.

Only had time this morning to watch a few minutes before work, but will watch it in it's entirety this evening. :thumbsup:
Just finished it. Nice work! I would never be able to do a video review, haha. You're right about feather sticking. Straighter the grain, the better. It does work very well for that. Sliced through those veggies like nobody's business. Still love the turkey roaster pan grill too, genius. :thumbsup: Have never made a try stick, but will one of these days. I have a photo saved of one somewhere. You baton the finer pieces the same way I do, with your hand. Had no idea you're that tall. Had a girlfriend years ago that was 6'. I'm 6'2", so it worked out okay. ;) Again, great job on the video. Anyone ever tell you that you're windy? :p

Just finished it. Nice work! I would never be able to do a video review, haha. You're right about feather sticking. Straighter the grain, the better. It does work very well for that. Sliced through those veggies like nobody's business. Still love the turkey roaster pan grill too, genius. :thumbsup: Have never made a try stick, but will one of these days. I have a photo saved of one somewhere. You baton the finer pieces the same way I do, with your hand. Had no idea you're that tall. Had a girlfriend years ago that was 6'. I'm 6'2", so it worked out okay. ;) Again, great job on the video. Anyone ever tell you that you're windy? :p

You seem alot shorter on the internet.

Hey Cap, great video. Pretty awesome how you put the knife through its paces and take it from processing firewood, to food prep, and demonstrating its wide range of utility. :thumbsup:

On the personal side, having a daughter, itโ€™s great seeing your passion in the video. Girl power rocks! My daughter has housed (thatโ€™s Brooklyn NY slang for โ€œtakenโ€) my Kershaw chive and a SAK. I have a BK5 ready for whenever she wants it. :D

Thanks for sharing! :)
Thank you! I'm glad you're willing to give the girl a knife or two. It's just having access to them that helps spread the love. :)

Whilst your presentation isnt as refined and edited as some channels I liked it.
I found your enthusiasm for Kephart and the outdoors infectious and your manner on film lighthearted amd easy to follow. Its a well done from me.
Haha! You're right about my presentation. It's so hard to shoot video with a toddler. For this video I spread it out over a whole week, shooting during nap times. No time for reshooting anything, which makes it hard! I also have to manual focus every shot (camera sucks at auto focus) so it takes FOREVER lol. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the video though!! I did my best haha!

There's a link to the .pdf for the trystick in the video description, it's a couple pages. Easy enough to follow for the most part! I only mention how tall I am because I don't want people to think I have tiny hands and that the knife won't work for them or something. Thank you for taking the time to watch it! And windy? No but is that because I'm breathing too much into the mic? I noticed that while editing and it's annoying haha. I'm a mouth breather when I'm thinking. It's embarrassing lol.

Thank you! I'm glad you're willing to give the girl a knife or two. It's just having access to them that helps spread the love. :)
She told me a story about going on a camping trip a few years back. All of the boys (they all were the same age) were given new SAKs and the girls werenโ€™t.

This enraged me. Needless to say we were online and she was able to choose the one she wanted within minutes. :)

And windy? No but is that because I'm breathing too much into the mic? I noticed that while editing and it's annoying haha. I'm a mouth breather when I'm thinking. It's embarrassing lol.
Windy means you talk too much, haha. :D

This is by far the most intelligent and researched review of the BK62 I've seen. I really like that you allowed us to see your first crack at a try stick. You did better than some that I witnessed on Half Moon Ridge. Good work Cap!

Thanks for posting the video and your thoughts :thumbsup: ... it's nice to feel like you're holding a little piece of history ... beside the fact it's just a damn fine knife.

She told me a story about going on a camping trip a few years back. All of the boys (they all were the same age) were given new SAKs and the girls werenโ€™t.

This enraged me. Needless to say we were online and she was able to choose the one she wanted within minutes. :)
OMG I WOULD BE SO MAD!!!! That's so unfair!! I'm glad you did what you could to remedy that situation.

Windy means you talk too much, haha. :D
Oooooooh. lol. Yeah... I cut out the whole part where I ramble on and on about the differences between the book editions. I kinda went full English major and got off topic. Luckily videos can be edited haha!

This is by far the most intelligent and researched review of the BK62 I've seen. I really like that you allowed us to see your first crack at a try stick. You did better than some that I witnessed on Half Moon Ridge. Good work Cap!
Thanks man, that means a lot!

And thank you to everyone else too, I'm glad y'all are enjoying it!!

Back