1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Review BK62 Video Review

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Captain Airyca, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca

Jan 23, 2011
    Guys, I just posted a BK62 review video and wanted to share with you! I hope you can enjoy me nerding out about the 62, I think my husband is getting tired of me talking about this knife lol. I want to say thank you to this subforum for all the awesome discussion around the BK62. I've picked up the Camping and Woodcraft book by Kephart and had a lot of fun learning about him. @Ethan Becker I borrowed a quote from you, hope that's ok! Anywho, let me know what y'all think!

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Only had time this morning to watch a few minutes before work, but will watch it in it's entirety this evening. :thumbsup:

Captain Airyca likes this.
  3. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Watched it last night. Great job!

4. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Hey Cap, great video. Pretty awesome how you put the knife through its paces and take it from processing firewood, to food prep, and demonstrating its wide range of utility. :thumbsup:

On the personal side, having a daughter, it’s great seeing your passion in the video. Girl power rocks! My daughter has housed (that’s Brooklyn NY slang for “taken”) my Kershaw chive and a SAK. I have a BK5 ready for whenever she wants it. :D

Thanks for sharing! :)

Tanker 1/66 and Captain Airyca like this.
  5. patrick_ford

patrick_ford

Jan 5, 2008
    Great video!

Captain Airyca and GeofS like this.
  6. stewey1

stewey1

Nov 14, 2010
    Whilst your presentation isnt as refined and edited as some channels I liked it.
    I found your enthusiasm for Kephart and the outdoors infectious and your manner on film lighthearted amd easy to follow. Its a well done from me.

7. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Just finished it. Nice work! I would never be able to do a video review, haha. You're right about feather sticking. Straighter the grain, the better. It does work very well for that. Sliced through those veggies like nobody's business. Still love the turkey roaster pan grill too, genius. :thumbsup: Have never made a try stick, but will one of these days. I have a photo saved of one somewhere. You baton the finer pieces the same way I do, with your hand. Had no idea you're that tall. Had a girlfriend years ago that was 6'. I'm 6'2", so it worked out okay. ;) Again, great job on the video. Anyone ever tell you that you're windy? :p

8. stewey1

stewey1

Nov 14, 2010
    You seem alot shorter on the internet.

9. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I'm actually a pygmy.

10. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca

Jan 23, 2011
    Thank you! I'm glad you're willing to give the girl a knife or two. It's just having access to them that helps spread the love. :)

Haha! You're right about my presentation. It's so hard to shoot video with a toddler. For this video I spread it out over a whole week, shooting during nap times. No time for reshooting anything, which makes it hard! I also have to manual focus every shot (camera sucks at auto focus) so it takes FOREVER lol. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the video though!! I did my best haha!

There's a link to the .pdf for the trystick in the video description, it's a couple pages. Easy enough to follow for the most part! I only mention how tall I am because I don't want people to think I have tiny hands and that the knife won't work for them or something. Thank you for taking the time to watch it! And windy? No but is that because I'm breathing too much into the mic? I noticed that while editing and it's annoying haha. I'm a mouth breather when I'm thinking. It's embarrassing lol.

Xr6x, Crag the Brewer and The Warrior like this.
  11. GeofS

GeofS Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    She told me a story about going on a camping trip a few years back. All of the boys (they all were the same age) were given new SAKs and the girls weren’t.

This enraged me. Needless to say we were online and she was able to choose the one she wanted within minutes. :)

daizee and Captain Airyca like this.
  12. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Windy means you talk too much, haha. :D

13. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I loved the review! Nice job.

14. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    This is by far the most intelligent and researched review of the BK62 I've seen. I really like that you allowed us to see your first crack at a try stick. You did better than some that I witnessed on Half Moon Ridge. Good work Cap!

Captain Airyca, Xr6x and gmoneyluv like this.
  15. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Thanks for posting the video and your thoughts :thumbsup: ... it's nice to feel like you're holding a little piece of history ... beside the fact it's just a damn fine knife.

16. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2009
    Nice job Cap.... I like your enthusiasm.... thanks for the review.

Doc

17. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Excellent job Cap :thumbsup:

18. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca

Jan 23, 2011
    OMG I WOULD BE SO MAD!!!! That's so unfair!! I'm glad you did what you could to remedy that situation.

Oooooooh. lol. Yeah... I cut out the whole part where I ramble on and on about the differences between the book editions. I kinda went full English major and got off topic. Luckily videos can be edited haha!

Thanks man, that means a lot!

And thank you to everyone else too, I'm glad y'all are enjoying it!!

Xr6x and The Warrior like this.
  19. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    You can tell that a lot of effort went into that. Thank you.

It was very thorough and your enthusiasm about it shows. Well done!

I have a small child too so there is a good bit of backyard camping/bushcraft going on here too. Heh, you do what you gotta do. :)

20. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    Outstanding! I really enjoyed that.

GeofS and Captain Airyca like this.