Blade HQ Exclusive Manix in M4

I agree.

Needs more Pics.

Heres mine with Patina already developing from food prep.

The jade G10 scales are a sight to behold.

And as for the Jade scales.... I prefer Boomer scales instead.

1fD49r0.jpg

So I called BHQ today...to ask about the DLC...and the lady told me that they don't expect them until...wait for it...

EARLY NEXT YEAR.... BLAH ! HUMBUG!

So I called BHQ today...to ask about the DLC...and the lady told me that they don't expect them until...wait for it...

EARLY NEXT YEAR.... BLAH ! HUMBUG!

Wow. That's into the post-Christmas budget recovery period. Oh well.

Just ordered one yesterday! It's my first Manix 2. I really liked the M4 on my KSF 908, and have been trying to increase the Spydies in my collection. Hopefully this clicks with me more than the PM2 and Stretch... fingers crossed.

Are the blades on the Manix 2 and Lwt interchangeable?

I believe the blades are the same but the LW models are pinned and not screwed together like the regular (G10, CF) scales. People have drilled them out and such but you might ruin the scales for future use.

Just ordered one yesterday! It's my first Manix 2. I really liked the M4 on my KSF 908, and have been trying to increase the Spydies in my collection. Hopefully this clicks with me more than the PM2 and Stretch... fingers crossed.

Are the blades on the Manix 2 and Lwt interchangeable?

I believe the blades are the same but the LW models are pinned and not screwed together like the regular (G10, CF) scales. People have drilled them out and such but you might ruin the scales for future use.

Short answer is yes. Do search on threads in BF and the Spyderco forum, here is one for reference; https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75626

Manix2MaxCruSwapt_110417 (Large).jpg

Here's to hoping the switch the LWs in the future to screw construction, they DID do that with the Salts after all (early Salts were pinned).

I'm prob going to buy a satin M4 Manix to make a user and when the DLC drops eventually buy one and swap the scales to black or CF. Black on black DLC with G10/CF and M4 steel is a pretty cool idea.

Also hoping for an XL LW and an XL in Maxamet (which would cost like $300 but still).

We get it... You have cool Manix 2's!!! (joking) Here's my more meager gratuitous shot. I really need to get a lightweight in some sort of other steel. Leaning heavily towards the S110V.

Manix2s.jpg

How do I let bladehq know I would like a lightweight version of this knife in the same steel and same color in frcp/frn or whatever it is? I want a lightweight manix 2 but nothing currently available is what I want. Any one else want one?

How do I let bladehq know I would like a lightweight version of this knife in the same steel and same color in frcp/frn or whatever it is? I want a lightweight manix 2 but nothing currently available is what I want. Any one else want one?
I’ll take one if you’ll take the other 1199.

HaHa. Well I dont need one that bad. Maybe you could buy 2 and ill take the 1198. That will help lessen the load.

Don't get me wrong... I'd totally buy one of those... But I think as far as something to carry every day (which is what the Lightweight is really intended for) the D2 or S110V versions already available would be better. I don't mind the maintenance that M4 requires to avoid corrosion but I'm not sure I'd want to deal with it every single day. My BD1 Lightweight is my workhorse and gets treated as such.

I'm glad there's an M4/G10 version of the Manix available (even though it's not my cup of tea). M4 has a loyal following so I think the Manix crowd deserves it.

The S110V/dark blue G10 variant is my favorite Manix by far. Outstanding edge retention and fantastic corrosion resistance. And at $140 brand new , it's the deal of the century.

Just got mine yesterday, and am loving it. This thing is incredibly sharp out of the box.

Been missing you Spyderco!

Youse folks are terrible enablers. :p I need a Manix with M4. I am loving my BD1 Manix, but want something in the same form factor with a little better steel and I greatly prefer Spyderco’s G10 over their FRCP/FRN.

My first order from Blade HQ just shipped (Para 3 and a Dog Tag). Once it arrives to me in Canada and if I don’t get creamed with tons of brokerage and duty fees, I’m ordering one of these ASAP. My recent USA Made Blade transaction (another Para 3) went perfectly, so my fingers are crossed for US to Canada knife shipments. :thumbsup:

Back