Blade HQ Jade G10 CRUWEAR Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

M4 in This design, I think it comes in carbon fiber scales?

*I don't have a Spyderco yet..... I was thinking maybe This or the swayback???
This is a Blade HQ special so jade G10, these are always a one time thing and tend to sell out fast.

The Swayback is discontinued, discounted, and selling out.

You have to either pick the one you like best or just get both.

This is a Blade HQ special so jade G10, these are always a one time thing and tend to sell out fast.

The Swayback is discontinued, discounted, and selling out.

You have to either pick the one you like best or just get both.
hahah.... Both isn't going to cut it.... NO pun. :/

I'm currently a one folder guy. It's my everything/beater, Benchmade.

idk if those two Other spyderco's are too classy for me?

Anybody get one of these yet? I havent seen anybody posting pics.

Anybody get one of these yet? I havent seen anybody posting pics.
I’m wondering if the jade g10 scales are making people scratch their heads a little. Most here on BF were clamoring for micarta. Having to turn around and buy new scales is a little off putting.
I will probably get it, maybe.

I’m wondering if the jade g10 scales are making people scratch their heads a little. Most here on BF were clamoring for micarta. Having to turn around and buy new scales is a little off putting.
I will probably get it, maybe.
I agree. If it was G10, Micarta, or even pakkawood I probably would have bought it already. imagine if they did fluted CF?
If I buy, it will be strictly for the blade steel. Fat carbon would look cool too

I think the jade are a distributor thing. I got the Benchmade 940 in them. They don’t have any pop, but are functional. A nice replacement clip can add some flash.

On some knives I like jade scales. This one isn't bad, it just doesn't do much for me. Micarta would have been cool. Heck I even like the standard carbon fiber scales.

I see it less as "Jade" and more as RIT primer.
I'm considering this also if I don't like the jade. But, instead of dunking the whole handle (or scales), I wonder if you could 'paint wash' a black dye on the inside of the scales to make it 'not translucent'. Removing the backlighting that way may also darken the jade just a bit. If I still don't like it, I could just dunk it for a more normal RIT dyeing.

Blade HQ has been doing their exclusives with Jade G10 since at least 2016. I don't think at this point anyone should be surprised to see them.

jofjmsH.jpg

I broke down and ordered one. I will post a photo or two when I get it. Christmas gift to myself!

Mine is at least a year old and doesn't have that
Thats nice to hear. The first GB2 I bought had it and I used a Dremel to carefully extend the sharpening choil about 1/16 of an inch, until it was gone. I wouldnt have cared but it was preventing me from being able to effectively sharpen the last 1/3 of an inch of blade.

My back up has the slightest smile, but its so small that it wont cause issues when sharpening

I ended up not pulling the trigger on this one, not because of the jade g10 (which I like) but because I actually prefer M4 over Cruwear.

Back