Blade HQ Jade G10 CRUWEAR Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

Mine has the same detent as the standard model. It also has the slightest amount of lock stick but I know that will wear in and go away. Its a perfect example. Perfect centering, perfect lockup, the usual shaving sharp spyderco edge and the buttery action the GB2’s are known for.

I ordered graphite colored RIT dye today. I saw a thread on the Spyderco forums where a guy used it to dye all of his jade/DLC M4 spydies and they have a smoke/transparent gray color that looks fantastic. Aftermarket clip will be added tonight when I get home.6390A1D4-CAE2-4C6F-8D02-CF3B9245ECF5.jpeg1197AB9D-EECB-4B1C-AE33-6FDF4964F308.jpeg7A4EDBB8-78D3-407F-885D-3C969E9937A8.jpeg

Nice.

Problem with the jade G10 for me is that the jeans color off on it. Gets ugly very quickly.
Ive never carried jade long enough for that to happen. I had a Jade/DLC M4 millie that I carried frequently and it never happened. I regret parting with that one

- this GB2 comes with 4 steel studs between scales and liners, that are missing in my M4 GB2 ...

Allow me to reuse your nice pic, Riz!, to clarify my previous point:

i-c4pFrkk-X2.jpg

These steel studs do not exist in the M4 GB2, at least not in mine. And while the M4 GB2 has respective holes in the liners, the original CF scales (and respective aftermarket scales) are missing the stud holes.

Not sure about the purpose. To increase rigidity against flex ? Just thought that was interesting.

Allow me to reuse your nice pic, Riz!, to clarify my previous point:

i-c4pFrkk-X2.jpg

These steel studs do not exist in the M4 GB2, at least not in mine. And while the M4 GB2 has respective holes in the liners, the original CF scales (and respective aftermarket scales) are missing the stud holes.

Not sure about the purpose. To increase rigidity against flex ? Just thought that was interesting.
My M4/CF BG2 definitely has those. When I took it apart to lube and clean and try to fix my centering issue i discovered them. They seem unneeded to me but hey, there must be a reason

Update on my wnky example....I put some aftermarket Micarta scales on it, and noticed the pivot bolt seems to be a bit "Off" when nestled into the opposite liner, and there was a tiny bit of metal flashing around that part of the liner. This was probably causing the weird opening. Smoothed and cleaned it all up, new scales installed...Operates perfectly.

Looks great. How long did you leave it in the dye to achieve that color?
Probably 15 minutes or so. I pulled it every 2-3 min to check and at 10ish it seemed too light. At 15 its a little darker than I wanted. Im thinking it may fade/wear a bit from carry. I also think it seems darker on the knife, maybe because the back is covered when assembled. If I do it to my other one I will stop it at 10 no matter what. Also I eyeballed the dye to water ratio. Probably should have measured

Back