Blade HQ Jade G10 CRUWEAR Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2

Ok cruwear vs m4, tell me what I need to know about which one makes me cooler.

Is M4 generally tougher than Cruwear?

No, it's the other way around. M4 has slightly more edge retention and less toughness compared to CW.

If you look at Larrin's data, CPM-M4 does better in the CATRA test, while CPM Cruwear is tougher and more corrosion resistant. In my personal use (CPM-M4 in a GB1, CPM Cruwear in a Para 3), Cruwear has held an edge longer. Remember that CATRA only measures abrasion resistance; if your use includes a lot of less abrasive materials, such as wood or plastic, Cruwear might be the better option. If you will use it primarily for abrasive materials, M4 might be the better option. Cruwear is one of my favorite steels, although I like M4 a lot, too.

If personal circumstances hadn't pushed me into early retirement, I would get a Cruwear Jade G10 GB2. I also happen to like jade G10.

Im anxiously awaiting the delivery!

I got mine because I have no Cruwear blades. I dont really like the jade G10 (unless the blade and hardware are DLC coated black). Im thinking micarta sharp dressed knives scales will be added

No, it's the other way around. M4 has slightly more edge retention and less toughness compared to CW.
M4 is plenty tough for my purposes, and I love the edges it takes (and holds).
Im anxiously awaiting the delivery!

I got mine because I have no Cruwear blades. I dont really like the jade G10 (unless the blade and hardware are DLC coated black). Im thinking micarta sharp dressed knives scales will be added
Looks beautiful with a simple RIT dye job. I had a jade M4 Native that was dyed a tangerine orange and it was really beautiful. The natural/Jade G10 is translucent, allowing light thru the color.

-5 points for not posting a picture
oTpJsWDh.jpg

1RUCUZCh.jpg

PJrQqxph.jpg

MmF5dUQh.jpg

J6Hn7dkh.jpg

ni60MD5h.jpg

M4 is plenty tough for my purposes, and I love the edges it takes (and holds).

Looks beautiful with a simple RIT dye job. I had a jade M4 Native that was dyed a tangerine orange and it was really beautiful. The natural/Jade G10 is translucent, allowing light thru the color.
That IS really pretty.... I'm kinda surprised it's so Vibrant.

I love the color of that, really pretty. I didn't expect to like the translucent part, but I like that one. It makes me want to try something similar. Is that with just the tangerine liquid or powder? Did you also test swap the blade? One of them looks black.

I love the color of that, really pretty. I didn't expect to like the translucent part, but I like that one. It makes me want to try something similar. Is that with just the tangerine liquid or powder? Did you also test swap the blade? One of them looks black.
I actually bought it that way. I see what you mean with the one pic, but it was just the lighting. Raw beautiful M4. I should have kept that Native, it was a beauty.

Currently debating on what would be a good color scheme for this dude. I was actually thinking a translucent bright blue dissolving into black as the scales transition into the blade (when open) might look good.

CNcGqlNh.jpg

k7Vi6Wgh.jpg

Last edited:
Received mine. Probably a poor example: scales dont match up, with the clip side protruding past the frame. Almost 70% lock-up, Strange stiff feeling about half way through the opening arc. Not a fan of the thin liner-lock. Overall, a disappointment. The GB1 was far superior.

Received mine. Probably a poor example: scales dont match up, with the clip side protruding past the frame. Almost 70% lock-up, Strange stiff feeling about half way through the opening arc. Not a fan of the thin liner-lock. Overall, a disappointment. The GB1 was far superior.
Man that sucks! Got any pictures? Ide send that back right away. The two videos that I can find on youtube both show perfect examples. Mine was delivered to my work so I cant get it until monday. Now I am curious. The two regular GB2 that I have are perfection

Sorry to hear that. Taichung usually makes a consistent, very well put together knife.
My first GB2 took three tries before I received one without a noticeable recurved edge. When I bought a second GB2, it came near perfection.

So tonight I noticed something odd. When I put the aftermarket clip on my GB2 in the tip down position it effects the action of the knife. I was doing maintenance on it so I had removed the clip to replace a clip screw I stripped.

Edited to add…

So the aftermarket screws were too long and I trimmed them down with a dremel. The clip screw holes are right over the washers. I ordered M2x6mm and trimmed them, but apparently not enough. They were like .25mm too long. They went through and pushed on the washers which locked up the action. I removed the screws and ground off one more thread’s length and now they don't hit the washer. Action is perfect and I can run tip down how I like.

This all started because the aftermarket clip is thicker and the stock screws only engaged one thread and easily stripped

Last edited:
Send it back and get another, mine is perfect

Mine has broken in nicely. This knife is a favorite right now and still available.

Cruwear or M4, pick your poison. Its a great knife!

Back