BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how every post in PS goes. You make a valid point, someone, often a mod, misunderstands what you are trying to convey, and when you explain the actual point in several ways, they accuse you of moving the goalposts, or changing your story. It’s tiring.

I'm all too aware. Along with the mod sass and ban BS. I hope the inquiries into mod decisions is followed up on, because in any other part of the forum and practically every forum I've participated in that behavior would be unacceptable.

...You can go through any of the page one threads to find this to be false, at the very best the mods are selective with their enforcement, and it definitely favors a particular "wing".

I would find it to be false? That’s your interpretation.

My experience was that the Mods tried to allow both sides as much freedom as possible. Like always, some people will hang themselves given enough rope.

I have seen Mods call people on the carpet from both sides of the political aisle. Most of the people were smart enough to heed the warnings and be very careful how they wrote further comments.

Or, maybe one group was more respectful than the other and stayed out of hot water.

Then again, maybe I backed out of the political threads at just the right time.

No matter what, the Mods put up with a lot more than I probably would have from either side.

Our Republic and the US Constitution are both very important to me. Because of this, I personally take a very dim view of any action, or anyone, that may endanger both. That includes political views that may cause unrest. From the left or the right.

I am sure there may be others here like me. This may explain why there seems to be a supposed “bias” from the Moderators.

Post to your heart’s content.
I’m done. Back to knife discussions.

I see AR15.com is back up and can't find anything about what happened. Im not very tech savvy hows deplatforming work?
It basically comes down to who hosts your domain registration and web servers. If they get pressured they sometimes cave. Like what happened to Parler. And Gab, who now host their own servers and have a free speech friendly registrar.

1. r.e. potentially problematic posts in the PA, I don't doubt the mods' sincerity, but I don't know if their objectivity can be relied upon. Posting insults like regularly calling democratic voters "roaches" is one thing, but calling for all such voters to be shot is another, and passes without mod comment. From a centrist (or as described there "useful idiot") perspective it's a brutally hard-right place.
2. Banning the PA is uncalled for, so long as the calls for violence can be reined in, and since people only need to participate if they want to, and frankly there's maybe 2 dozen regular posters anyway
3. but it really does make sense to remove it from the new posts feed - that way sensitive viewers won't be pulled in by a click-bait title and then be traumatized by what they find, and potentially bring unwanted attention.

It basically comes down to who hosts your domain registration and web servers. If they get pressured they sometimes cave. Like what happened to Parler. And Gab, who now host their own servers and have a free speech friendly registrar.
ok and I see AR15.com is not back but a back up site. crazy stuff.

Sure as the sun rises and sets, there will be the same handful of people waiting for their opportunity to complain about the existence of the political forum. They just saw a little opportunity to try and form another posse and try to get their goal accomplished.

Always the same supposedly “anti politics” agitators (that always seem to lean a particular direction) trying to stir things up. I think the man has spoken and there really isn’t much more to talk about. Maybe the PA haters can go start a thread over in their corner of the forum and complain some more.

Have a great day, everyone!

2. Banning the PA is uncalled for, so long as the calls for violence can be reined in, and since people only need to participate if they want to, and frankly there's maybe 2 dozen regular posters anyway
Half a dozen, not counting the mods.

A very vocal minority with opinions that do not reflect the rest of the board. To illustrate this, one need only look at this thread, at the posts speaking in favor of it and see how many times they have or have not been liked.

Half a dozen, not counting the mods.

A very vocal minority with opinions that do not reflect the rest of the board. To illustrate this, one need only look at this thread, at the posts speaking in favor of it and see how many times they have or have not been liked.
There are over 364,000 members of this forum. I’d hardly call a handful of people that have a bone to pick with people in the political forum any sort of “forum wide consensus”.
In any case, this forum isn’t a democracy.

You can’t just go grab 10 or 20 of your friends and start screeching to Spark as if you rep the consensus and think you’re going to get your way. That tactic has tried (and failed) many, many times.

If anything should be "scrubbed", I'd suggest Whine & Cheese and The Pirate's Cove... those are the places where the real hate and filth resides... just a thought.
This can only be held true if you think naughty words are worse than threats of violence against half the nation. There's an extremely good reason that this thread turned into a defacto discussion of the Political Arena, and that's because that is precisely where the threats of violence and extremism all originate.

If anything should be "scrubbed", I'd suggest Whine & Cheese and The Pirate's Cove... those are the places where the real hate and filth resides... just a thought.
I don’t know.. people that enjoy trolling people should have their little sub forum so as to keep them from being tempted to troll people on the open forum.

We need to have buckets... one for politics, one for the people that like to troll (w&c), etc. It keeps all the stuff that distracts from knives off the larger open forum.

My issue is there are people that spend their time partaking in trolling and cyber harassment in one of those places (so much so that any social media site would’ve shut them down for community standards violations long ago) that want to come here and clutch their pearls over politics.

No... we aren’t fooled. The hypocrisy is glaring.

There are over 364,000 members of this forum. I’d hardly call a handful of people that have a bone to pick with people in the political forum any sort of “forum wide consensus”.
In any case, this forum isn’t a democracy.

You can’t just go grab 10 or 20 of your friends and start screeching to Spark as if you rep the consensus and think you’re going to get your way. That tactic has tried (and failed) many, many times.
Here you go again. I didn’t write that I represent the consensus of the forum; I wrote that you do not.

Here you go again. I didn’t write that I represent the consensus of the forum; I wrote that you do not.
If you’re going to talk about “vocal minorities that don’t reflect the rest of the board”, one would presume you’re using the majority as a consensus to try and get your way.

Understood?

I don’t know.. people that enjoy trolling people should have their little sub forum so as to keep them from being tempted to troll people on the open forum.

We need to have buckets... one for politics, one for the people that like to troll (w&c), etc. It keeps all the stuff that distracts from knives off the larger open forum.

My issue is there are people that spend their time partaking in trolling and cyber harassment in one of those places (so much so that any social media site would’ve shut them down for community standards violations long ago) that want to come here and clutch their pearls over politics.

No... we aren’t fooled. The hypocrisy is glaring.

Good point. It's always a good idea to have a separate table at Thanksgiving for the little kids so they don't pester the adults.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back