Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Disturbing on many levels. While I understand profiting off knives, I thought (first year buying) the BF knife was sort of a celebration of a shared hobby/love of all things bladed. Ick.
That's the idea. This is very disheartening for a contributing member of the porch who missed out on this year's knife :(.

My tracking actually got caught up in spam, so some of you may want to check there.

Got my tracking email yesterday as well. I did get a confirmation email on the initial order/payment, then received an email notification on Sunday and one from Stamps.com yesterday about shipping. Hopefully everyone else's will still come through.

I checked there as well. I do have my PayPal statement, but that is all.

i wonder if we were part of the batch that got selected when barry had hit the first 50 as part of his updates which is why we didnt get a shipping notice. cause i got two messages that day that the status changed, two minutes from each other. but no tracking no. currently and nothing on monday

i wonder if we were part of the batch that got selected when barry had hit the first 50 as part of his updates which is why we didnt get a shipping notice. cause i got two messages that day that the status changed, two minutes from each other. but no tracking no. currently and nothing on monday
A few pages back, Barry said 304 of them shipped yesterday (Monday) and the rest were going to ship on Wednesday. So I wouldn't be worried if you haven't received a shipping notice yet.

What day did you order them,initially?

Maybe you ordered at the tail end of the 500.

A few pages back, Barry said 304 of them shipped yesterday (Monday) and the rest were going to ship on Wednesday. So I wouldn't be worried if you haven't received a shipping notice yet.

What day did you order them,initially?

looks like you guys seem to be missing what Im getting at when I replied to Bob. this is what I was referring to. If I remember correctly, its usually shipped by ordering status. you ordered earlier, you get your knife earlier. so if he was within that first 50, its quite possible that some of us never got tracking because the status changed. Not a big deal

17391527, member: 297156"]When I first started getting these ready to ship a couple days ago, I (by habit) clicked the 'send email as shipped' box in my software, but I soon realized that it was a mistake. Only the first 50 or so orders got this email; the REAL shipping email will come from Stamps.com with a tracking number when the package ships. I should have at least half of the order ready to ship on Monday, but when the local PO gets several large bags of packages don't expect to see your number to show up immediately; OK guys and girls??? Patience, please, and all will become clear and I hope to have all orders shipped sometime next week if at all humanly possible. Please remember that there is only one of me to do all of this, and it is quite a chore! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS; these are shipping in a plain manila bubble mailer, not a flat rate box. If I had to fold up 400 flat rate boxes I would surely go mad![/QUOTE]

That's the idea. This is very disheartening for a contributing member of the porch who missed out on this year's knife :(.

There are a lot of members here that grabbed 2. I'm sure if a familiar face like yours is going without, someone will give you a hometown discount on their spare knife.

looks like you guys seem to be missing what Im getting at when I replied to Bob. this is what I was referring to. If I remember correctly, its usually shipped by ordering status. you ordered earlier, you get your knife earlier. so if he was within that first 50, its quite possible that some of us never got tracking because the status changed. Not a big deal

17391527, member: 297156"]When I first started getting these ready to ship a couple days ago, I (by habit) clicked the 'send email as shipped' box in my software, but I soon realized that it was a mistake. Only the first 50 or so orders got this email; the REAL shipping email will come from Stamps.com with a tracking number when the package ships. I should have at least half of the order ready to ship on Monday, but when the local PO gets several large bags of packages don't expect to see your number to show up immediately; OK guys and girls??? Patience, please, and all will become clear and I hope to have all orders shipped sometime next week if at all humanly possible. Please remember that there is only one of me to do all of this, and it is quite a chore! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS; these are shipping in a plain manila bubble mailer, not a flat rate box. If I had to fold up 400 flat rate boxes I would surely go mad!
[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. I inquired with the same question. I understand. The difference between us is only you did not get the follow up email with tracking. So maybe it was not necessarily in any order. He could have done this any number of ways. We can only speculate. What we do not have to speculate is that you paid in full. That is the bottom line. So you are entitled to what you ordered and looking at the way Barry has handled this and his experience, you can put your heels back. I guarantee you that! When the dust settles I am going to check back with you and you will tell me Yup! Done Deal! Ha ha ha. Seriously though.

Gotcha. I inquired with the same question. I understand. The difference between us is only you did not get the follow up email with tracking. So maybe it was not necessarily in any order. He could have done this any number of ways. We can only speculate. What we do not have to speculate is that you paid in full. That is the bottom line. So you are entitled to what you ordered and looking at the way Barry has handled this and his experience, you can put your heels back. I guarantee you that! When the dust settles I am going to check back with you and you will tell me Yup! Done Deal! Ha ha ha. Seriously though.[/QUOTE]

right im just speculating with Bob as a few of us didnt get it. not sure why, we can only guess. like a said not a big deal. I made sure to separate my purchase because I had bought a diamond jack slightly after the bladeforums order and had to check with Barry. Im sure theyll start showing up soon, maybe tomorrow or thursday for some folks and then well see once the dust settles.

There are a lot of members here that grabbed 2. I'm sure if a familiar face like yours is going without, someone will give you a hometown discount on their spare knife.
I doubt he got caught in a glitch. That Barry is freaking methodical in how he did this and quite efficient too. Who know how he executed the shipping. Don't you think?

Gotcha. I inquired with the same question. I understand. The difference between us is only you did not get the follow up email with tracking. So maybe it was not necessarily in any order. He could have done this any number of ways. We can only speculate. What we do not have to speculate is that you paid in full. That is the bottom line. So you are entitled to what you ordered and looking at the way Barry has handled this and his experience, you can put your heels back. I guarantee you that! When the dust settles I am going to check back with you and you will tell me Yup! Done Deal! Ha ha ha. Seriously though.

right im just speculating with Bob as a few of us didnt get it. not sure why, we can only guess. like a said not a big deal. I made sure to separate my purchase because I had bought a diamond jack slightly after the bladeforums order and had to check with Barry. Im sure theyll start showing up soon, maybe tomorrow or thursday for some folks and then well see once the dust settles.[/QUOTE]
And he reads this and he is probably laughing his tail off at how pumped people are since they are all talking about tracking!! Ha ha ha ha!!

I'm sure they will all come through for everyone. Some of the fun is the anticipation! Perhaps I'm a bit odd but I love tracking new knife packages.

Back