Bladeforums Supporting Clone Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Go to google web page and seach for "Topomart Benchmade" term. Total scumbag.

Wow. It works for Spyderco too. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(
Looks like they tag knives with "benchmade" and "Spyderco" so when you search for those brands you come up with clones. Anyone who is undecided that topomart is not a clone front and is not trying to hurt Benchmade and Spyderco should have no doubt now.

I was pissed about it before but seeing that you can use Spyderco's name and get search results on their page, which btw display a CRK clone...well, I am disgusted...

Maybe I'm naïve and that is rampant with these kinds of places but it's my first time seeing it. That's awful.

This should be in GBU -- this is really egregious and antithetic to what BF should represent in the knife community.

Spark got his, I guess that's all that matters. Screw integrity, ownership, or respect to the community.

s3ZPm4K.png

okay, this is a new level of bad.
Boo, topomart. Boooooooo.

Eli Chaps Eli Chaps those names are insane- just search engine fodder.

“outdoor camping bearing flip fishing tactical survival EDC multi tools”

“super military kitchen tools top qaulity

freaking shameful.

At this point these guys would get the ban hammer if i was spark.

I'm having a hard time believing that Spark really realizes the extent of Topomart's shittery. I didn't until now. Clone seller was all I needed to know.
They do not belong on an enthusiast forum, that's for sure.
How could @Spark NOT realize it? It takes seconds on their site to know what's up, and feigning any sort of ignorance about the impact of clones and sellers like @topomart on the knife industry when he runs the largest knife forum on the internet is insulting to our intelligence as members and even more so to the quality supporting dealers.

I searched using a key phrase (their name+spyderco knives) and of note I found a "blog" post titled:
How to Choose the Best One Around

The blog post is all about models from legitimate makers and includes pictures of legit models from those makers.

The author of the article is listed in a link at the top of the post. If you click on it you are directed to a website called Survival Mastery, to an actual article with a slightly different title. From the comments at the bottom of said article it's likely 4 years old.

The Topo blog post content (aside from the slightly edited title) is an exact reprint and even includes the live links to a website (big river.com) that is not Topo...

It's curious to me that the links would not be removed, but I assume the article was simply copied and pasted to the Topo website.

I am assuming they had no permission to use this article - the survival skills website indicates that permission must be granted to reprint or reuse any content on their site.

May be they did...

But, the shenanigans don't end there:

A 420 stainless steel handled flipper model on their home page, with 46 reviews has some humorous or suspect or shill reviews, examples:
Mozell Hodkiewicz:
"Great knife, me NRA"

Tiffany Olson
"A good, confident knife, for nature the most it"

Zetta Miller
"Enough weight. In the hand lies perfectly. The flip is clear, everything is smooth, the edge is sharpened on a paper cut"

Karlie Effertz
"Knife Fire! The quality is good, sharp with a box, a wedge in the center. Shipping fast. The seller is good!"

Eloise Schumm
"The knife is made very high quality, very decently sharpened. Delivered generally reactive-in two days (in Moscow, appar"

Carmine Dickinson (not really a Russian or Eastern Euro name, but she wrote her review in the Cyrillic alphabet)
Нож просто класс!!! Крупный, надёжный. В руку взял - вещь. Качество великолепное. Один из самых лучших ножей в моей колл

Shanon Glover (apparently in Russia)
The knife is great, I'm very happy. Order was made on May 10, May 14 knife already I have (Moscow-Krasnodar) seller Than

Something definitely smells fishy, all around this site and not just the products they sell. Granted, I can't prove the above are indeed falsehoods made to appear as actual satisfied customers and or topo engaged in content theft from another website, but....my perspective from here leaves me believing that this is strongly the case; that the company is willing to use multiple avenues to further it's gain off of the original works of others.

How could @Spark NOT realize it? It takes seconds on their site to know what's up, and feigning any sort of ignorance about the impact of clones and sellers like @topomart on the knife industry when he runs the largest knife forum on the internet is insulting to our intelligence as members and even more so to the quality supporting dealers.
Yes. Very strange. He's saying that he can't police dealers off the forum, and I get that...but we can!
He could thank the members here for the help and kick Topo to the curb! :thumbsup:

I guess what it boils down to is the question of whether Bladeforums is still a community dedicated to "the leading edge of knife discussion" and the betterment of all things knife or is it just a business that will take ANYBODY'S money regardless of their contributions or damage to the industry.

I guess what it boils down to is the question of whether Bladeforums is still a community dedicated to "the leading edge of knife discussion" and the betterment of all things knife or is it just a business that will take ANYBODY'S money regardless of their contributions or damage to the industry.
I just can't see this being about $350. It makes no sense.

Edit: Wrong thread

I just can't see this being about $350. It makes no sense.

I agree. Something else is afoot.

Unfortunately, I don't agree. I'll take Spark at his word. He said that as long as they don't advertise clones here then they are good to go. I won't look into it any further.

That's not being harsh as several of us let this ride for weeks. Understanding that Spark was going through some tough stuff in life we waited. But when he did get around to looking into it, twice, that is what we got as an answer. And he hasn't engaged since.

So, we, the members and the volunteer mods are supposed to police his site that he appears to not be checking in on.

I gave all the benefits of the doubt over the past weeks.

Now? Nah. I'll take him at his word.

Unfortunately, I don't agree. I'll take Spark at his word. He said that as long as they don't advertise clones here then they are good to go. I won't look into it any further.

That's not being harsh as several of us let this ride for weeks. Understanding that Spark was going through some tough stuff in life we waited. But when he did get around to looking into it, twice, that is what we got as an answer. And he hasn't engaged since.

So, we, the members and the volunteer mods are supposed to police his site that he appears to not be checking in on.

I gave all the benefits of the doubt over the past weeks.

Now? Nah. I'll take him at his word.

Im not trying to get into an argument here, and I havent checked the TM site (cause I dont care about them) but, does anyone know if they sell any original knives, cause if they cant advertise clones and dont sell anything but clones...should they have a Dealer membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back