Bladeforums Supporting Clone Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we are all aware the axis lock patent is expired. Axis lock is still a trademark held by benchmade. This is theft under US law, pure and simple.

I think more obvious is the use of “Benchmade Bugout” in connection with knives that aren’t Benchmade’s. I still can’t get over that.

Okay, after spending a little more time on topomart's website (I'll need a bleach shower now), I've come across a bit of illegal activity.

They are advertising that some knives have an "Axis Lock". That is a Benchmade Trade Mark. Further, you don't need to click any deeper on the website than than going to the home page to see this illegal activity. On a computer, simply go there, hover your mouse over the "lock type" tab, and you will see "Axis Lock". They have no rights to use that term. There is a reason why all the legit manufacturers have come up with their own name for the axis lock.

That means that every single link that takes you to their homepage represent a supporting dealer here stealing the trade marked name from a pillar manufacturer in the knife industry, Benchmade. No clicking or scrolling required. Right there on the front page.

@Spark @Boru13 @knarfeng @KingMC

Pics:

GW08yX5h.png

rScEZ0yh.png

pH4tBWnh.png

looks like the patent ran out on the axis lock in 2017:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/i-got-a-reply-from-benchmade-on-axis-lock-patent.1545720/
I’m not sure if the name “Axis Lock” is protected by copyright or trademark, however. Either way it’s suspicious at the very least, and beyond the letter of the law, the intent is obvious.

Yes, we are all aware the axis lock patent is expired. Axis lock is still a trademark held by benchmade. This is theft under US law, pure and simple.
Good catch, Cray. Yes, although the patent is expired, "Axis Lock" has been trademarked. That's the same thing that Spyderco did with the round opening hole.

That's why companies like Hogue have very carefully called it the "ABLE Lock" and Millit/Schwarz/Drop call it "Spring-loaded sliding lock pin". Topomart advertising knives with an "axis lock" is clearly a violation of a Benchmade TM.

I think more obvious is the use of “Benchmade Bugout” in connection with knives that aren’t Benchmade’s. I still can’t get over that.
True but this is different. It is illegal to use the term "axis" when describing a knife lock you are trying to sell.

And in terms of the argument of why topomart shouldn't be here, this is a solid argument that they are posting direct links to IP theft.

Last edited:
True but this is different. It is illegal to use the term "axis" when describing a knife lock you are trying to sell.

Well this isn't the gray area case that I thought it was initially. This is obviously fraudulent on multiple levels.
Even without the totality of the information presented, a reasonable person could determine that Topomart's not on the up-and-up.

Their faq for giggles

Q:Are all products original? (Top question lol)
A:All products are 100% original brand and top quality.
Q:How long will delivery take?
A:Delivery time always take 21-50 days due to different country and different shipping method.Email us if not receive items after 30 working days after full payment sent.
Q:How long will ship the parcel after my payment?
A:Item will be shipped within 1-7 business days after full payment is received.

What a joke. Just keep their money and ban them.
20JXXk5.png

Or perhaps you need more reviews of their knives on our forum or threads in GBU from John Smith praising great experience and overall more voice to the outspoken value enthusiasts claiming it's all good.

Okay, after spending a little more time on topomart's website (I'll need a bleach shower now), I've come across a bit of illegal activity.

They are advertising that some knives have an "Axis Lock". That is a Benchmade Trade Mark. Further, you don't need to click any deeper on the website than than going to the home page to see this illegal activity. On a computer, simply go there, hover your mouse over the "lock type" tab, and you will see "Axis Lock". They have no rights to use that term. There is a reason why all the legit manufacturers have come up with their own name for the axis lock.

That means that every single link that takes you to their homepage represent a supporting dealer here stealing the trade marked name from a pillar manufacturer in the knife industry, Benchmade. No clicking or scrolling required. Right there on the front page.

@Spark @Boru13 @knarfeng @KingMC

Pics:

GW08yX5h.png

rScEZ0yh.png

pH4tBWnh.png

The CCP don't care about honesty, ethics, trade marks, patents, copywrites, or anything else that is decent. All they care about is money and power. And the door has been opened unto them on Blade Forums... :poop::rolleyes::poop:

Last edited:
Delivery time always take 21-50 days due to different country and different shipping method.

Some poor bastard shows up at your door with a rickshaw full of knives in tow 50 days later, sweating profusely and dies on your door step after the fashion of Pheidippides.

The Chinese don't care about honesty, ethics, trade marks, patents, copywrites, or anything else that is decent. All they care about is money and power. And the door has been opened unto them on Blade Forums... :poop::rolleyes::poop:

Hey man- I share your sentiments about not approving of Topomart, but let's not start bashing China- especially as a country of billions of people, most of whom don't have the first idea about American IP protections, much less what a Benchmade Griptillian is.

Hey man- I share your sentiments about not approving of Topomart, but let's not start bashing China- especially as a country of billions of people, most of whom don't have the first idea about American IP protections, much less what a Benchmade Griptillian is.

Yeah, I meant the CCP. Thanks for reminding me.:)

Eli Chaps tagged me in this conversation. Please let me know what clones we are selling. I am confused, old, fat and lazy, so I haven't searched the 14 pages to see our transgression.
Thanks for the heads up. Just need details now.
Regards, Mike

Eli Chaps tagged me in this conversation. Please let me know what clones we are selling. I am confused, old, fat and lazy, so I haven't searched the 14 pages to see our transgression.
Regards, Mike

TopoMart, a Chinese dealer selling clones and Chinese junk was allowed to purchase a Dealers Membership here.

Edit: Is that better...

Last edited:
Regards, Mike

The long story short- Topomart is selling cloned knives which use trademarked names, patented ideas and using tactics like false advertising and reviews to sell knives and has a dealer membership.

Regards, Mike
I don't think Eli tagged you in this conversation because you were selling them. I believe his intent was to make you aware that you are now held in the same regard here as another forum supporting dealer that primarily sells clones and see if you had an opinion on that. Correct me if I am wrong Eli Chaps Eli Chaps .

Regards, Mike

No sir. Absolutely NOT about you folks at all!!! It was just an informational tag about the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back