1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bladeforums Supporting Clone Dealer

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by craytab, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    I think more obvious is the use of “Benchmade Bugout” in connection with knives that aren’t Benchmade’s. I still can’t get over that.

2. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Why would you expect criminals to behave honorably?

n2s

000Robert likes this.
  3. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good catch, Cray. Yes, although the patent is expired, "Axis Lock" has been trademarked. That's the same thing that Spyderco did with the round opening hole.

That's why companies like Hogue have very carefully called it the "ABLE Lock" and Millit/Schwarz/Drop call it "Spring-loaded sliding lock pin". Topomart advertising knives with an "axis lock" is clearly a violation of a Benchmade TM.

4. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Yo Mama and craytab like this.
  5. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Access Lock

6. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    SOG used Arc lock and I never liked it as well as the straight back Axis.

7. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    True but this is different. It is illegal to use the term "axis" when describing a knife lock you are trying to sell.

And in terms of the argument of why topomart shouldn't be here, this is a solid argument that they are posting direct links to IP theft.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Yo Mama likes this.
  8. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    Well this isn't the gray area case that I thought it was initially. This is obviously fraudulent on multiple levels.
    Even without the totality of the information presented, a reasonable person could determine that Topomart's not on the up-and-up.

9. Sergeua

Sergeua

May 1, 2016
    Their faq for giggles

Q:Are all products original? (Top question lol)
    A:All products are 100% original brand and top quality.
    Q:How long will delivery take?
    A:Delivery time always take 21-50 days due to different country and different shipping method.Email us if not receive items after 30 working days after full payment sent.
    Q:How long will ship the parcel after my payment?
    A:Item will be shipped within 1-7 business days after full payment is received.

What a joke. Just keep their money and ban them.
    [​IMG]
    Or perhaps you need more reviews of their knives on our forum or threads in GBU from John Smith praising great experience and overall more voice to the outspoken value enthusiasts claiming it's all good.

10. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    The CCP don't care about honesty, ethics, trade marks, patents, copywrites, or anything else that is decent. All they care about is money and power. And the door has been opened unto them on Blade Forums... :poop::rolleyes::poop:

rje58 likes this.
  11. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    Some poor bastard shows up at your door with a rickshaw full of knives in tow 50 days later, sweating profusely and dies on your door step after the fashion of Pheidippides.

desmobob likes this.
  12. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    Hey man- I share your sentiments about not approving of Topomart, but let's not start bashing China- especially as a country of billions of people, most of whom don't have the first idea about American IP protections, much less what a Benchmade Griptillian is.

13. Twoody

Twoody Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 28, 2020
    How is this even up for debate.. do the right thing MODs.

14. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    Didn't work

15. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    Yeah, I meant the CCP. Thanks for reminding me.:)

16. Michael Dye

Michael Dye Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 26, 1999
    Eli Chaps tagged me in this conversation. Please let me know what clones we are selling. I am confused, old, fat and lazy, so I haven't searched the 14 pages to see our transgression.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just need details now.
    Regards, Mike

17. 000Robert

Mar 28, 2020
    TopoMart, a Chinese dealer selling clones and Chinese junk was allowed to purchase a Dealers Membership here.

Edit: Is that better...

benchwarmer380 likes this.
  18. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    The long story short- Topomart is selling cloned knives which use trademarked names, patented ideas and using tactics like false advertising and reviews to sell knives and has a dealer membership.

19. sbh06

sbh06 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't think Eli tagged you in this conversation because you were selling them. I believe his intent was to make you aware that you are now held in the same regard here as another forum supporting dealer that primarily sells clones and see if you had an opinion on that. Correct me if I am wrong @Eli Chaps .

20. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    No sir. Absolutely NOT about you folks at all!!! It was just an informational tag about the original post.

benchwarmer380 and craytab like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.