BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

I just noticed that there are a million of these up for sale on that auction site....:confused:

I don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, I'd guess that some of them may not even be authentic. The way I see it, the mere appearance that there are a lot for sale will help to drive prices down. That is great news for prospective buyers though admittedly I personally would have a very hard time buying a Spyderco from there. You just never really know what you're going to get. Besides, buying one from an authorized dealer keeps that dealer in business. That is a very small price to pay for excellent customer service.

I just noticed that there are a million of these up for sale on that auction site....:confused:

I see like 15 or 20.
And as far as knock offs, I highly doubt the counterfeiters have caught up with this one already with the jade scales and the M4 etch.

Oh I agree, I'm all for supporting the dealers, it's just crazy how many people buy these sprints just to auction them off. It's bad for the ones who really wanted one, but missed out and all they have to settle for are the ones marked up 300%!

I imagine many people who just yesterday secured a KW M4 version are now selling their BHQ version since they may have been initially worried they might not get the KW CF one...

Oh I agree, I'm all for supporting the dealers, it's just crazy how many people buy these sprints just to auction them off. It's bad for the ones who really wanted one, but missed out and all they have to settle for are the ones marked up 300%!

Supply and demand seems to be keeping the real prices down closer to $200, at least for people that are somewhat informed. People that get caught up in the hype might be willing to pay significantly more without realizing that they don't have to.

I got curious and had to look- lots of them with prices ranging from about $165 to $395, some with bids slightly over $200. And also a couple of CF versions starting at $395. Surely they don't even have those in hand yet.

There's a big difference between "for sale" and "sold." ;)

I see like 15 or 20.
And as far as knock offs, I highly doubt the counterfeiters have caught up with this one already with the jade scales and the M4 etch.
The m4 etch is just a laser, so it's just a matter of replacing s30v with m4 in the laser's computer. As for the g10, that's as simple as loading non-dyed g10 into the machine instead of camo or black. They'd honestly have a harder time making the fake warranty card lol. I don't underestimate the industrial power of China for one second, including its thriving counterfeit market.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

The m4 etch is just a laser, so it's just a matter of replacing s30v with m4 in the laser's computer. As for the g10, that's as simple as loading non-dyed g10 into the machine instead of camo or black. They'd honestly have a harder time making the fake warranty card lol. I don't underestimate the industrial power of China for one second, including its thriving counterfeit market.

Show me a fake one.

There are already people posting fake stuff online, such as selling scales labeled as "bladehq jade m4 scales!" but when you read the fine print they're copies; or people just selling the knife, then you read the fine print and it's just for the scales (which again, aren't factory). However on top of that will be fakes. They generally don't post them immediately on the usual sites we all know about. If they did, people would be more weary. I don't know for certain if there are fakes now, but I can tell you there's a high possibility there is, and that there definitely will be in the near future. My thoughts are, why risk it? Put your cash into the knifeworks version or stay within the forum and trusted members.

This would be a great example of what I'm talking about:
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/232019458084
(I don't think the mods like when ppl post links to sales, but this sale has ended and isn't active so that should be OK)

I feel bad for the people who pay that much for a pair of scales.

The post is so misleading that I have a feeling they thought they were getting a full knife and not just scales.

And those aren't even the factory jade scales. I sold mine off as soon as I got them as I didn't not care for the looks of them!

That guy should have had six pics of the scales alone and then one with the knife so everyone without an imagination could see what the knife looks like all dressed up as a PM2. Even one pic with just the scales would have cleared things up. I wonder why he didn't include one? :rolleyes:;)

I don't wish for anyone to be taken advantage of, but a careful reading of the description makes it at least somewhat clear that you are getting the scales only. Folks in too big of a hurry to see where they are going in life tend to crash a lot. Oh well.

I just looked and there are 2 pictures of the scales only. If they didn't know what they were buying, it's their fault. It says they are custom and not factory. I don't see a bit of problem with that auction.

I just looked and there are 2 pictures of the scales only. If they didn't know what they were buying, it's their fault. It says they are custom and not factory. I don't see a bit of problem with that auction.

Interesting. When I looked yesterday, the guy had only pics of the scales mounted on PM2 steel, none of just the scales. He also mentioned in his ad something like "(of course the knife is not included)". I guess that auction site allows you to edit your listing after the item has sold??? If so, :thumbdn:

ETA:
***Mods, please edit this post as you feel appropriate if there is anything wrong with it.***

LS, I am not sure what you are seeing. I just went out there again and grabbed a screen shot.

Last edited:
Back