Bob Cargill Cripple Creek Knives

Another from 1991
Greg

orig.jpg

That pearl has a touch of smoked coloring to it. I really like that one!

I think the Pearl knives from Bob are always the most attractive to me. I like that he only used the absolute highest grade of pearl for all of his knives.

I'm sure it's safe to say this is a one of a kind. I didn't even come close to showing how nice the pearl is.
Where ever you look, there is a lot to see on this knife.
Greg

orig.jpg
Yeah, I think your safe to say that’s probably a one of a kind :)
Beautiful knife & file work. It almost looks like he carried the matching file work clear out on the spines of the two blades so as to mirror each other when both open. Or at least pretty close.

Yeah, pretty close. Also the brass frame, center liner and the inside of the backsprings are fileworked.
Cargill was pretty busy with his files on this one.

In 1986 Tennessee started a state wide year long "Return to Your Roots" program known as a Homecoming. Lot's of festivals with local food, music etc.
This was a few years after the 1982 Worlds Fair was held in Knoxville, TN and was aimed at folks that had left the state to return Home and see how things had changed.
It was also the year that Cargill started his move from Lockport, Illinois to Old Fort, Tennessee. The Homecoming series of knives were some of the last
ones to be made in Lockport. If you have ever wondered what the Homecoming etching on these knives meant, now you know.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Mckgreg, I have seen some images of Cripple Creek knives for sale (on various sites across the web) that haven't been posted in this thread yet. Should I post some of those images here to help make a more complete detailed list of knives?

Back