BOG 2017 Tracking Thread

I'm thinking that since rules were not followed (pictures, etc), that this sort of thing will not be allowed on this forum anymore. I am very disappointed how this turned out.

I think we always have a good time doing it. No need to stop but it should be folks who at least participate in the forum. Like who have posted here more than just to say they will participate in the box of goodies.

We have had success with this numerous times. We shouldn' let one bad experience ruin it. I didn't post pics this go round because it was during the whole photobucket debacle and that was all I knew how to use.

I participated, enjoyed and took pictures (my first one) and too was disappointed as I really wanted to see everyone's haul. The haul and story behind it leading to the next person is especially insightful to who everyone REALLY is in this place.

I don't think it should stop as I've watched (not participated) many many BOG's and pass arounds here and other makers subs go well. Chalk it up to a very weird year of crazy with people over committing time they really didn't have, not the only place in life I've seen this (work, volunteers, etc..) Let's learn from the next one only commit if you really can deliver on the requirements for everyone (participants and non-participants) to enjoy the fun.

I think 3 people went after me. Did anyone grab the little JK I threw in there?? It was a little JK dashi in a leather sheath.

I try to keep this fun but I have to say that it was disappointing that some of the participants couldn't take a minute to post a pic or an update. The end was disappointing as well.

NJBill emailed me that Techno had contacted him directly and Bill asked if it was ok to go ahead and send him the box. Even though I thought this was odd because I asked (and everyone else did) that all contact info route through me so I could keep a list of the addresses and whatnot, I told Bill to go ahead and send it. Maybe it was an odd coincidence but the box never made it home. I will say I had a bad feeling about it, not that it necessarily means anything.

Bill was great about following up on the status and did everything he could to see this through. Unfortunately there was nothing that any of us could do.

Maybe we will wait awhile before trying this again but if John is ok with it I won't let one bad experience ruin what had been a fun time for a lot of us.

Back