Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

Don't think I've done Horde pics yet this year. I'll post those in a bit. But first, some stupid human tricks.

Paid the stupid tax this evening. Had a tray of knives out for wipe-down and some photos, and dropped the tray of knives as I was putting it back. About a 1m drop. Luckily on carpet, minimized knife damage. Luckily missed my foot. A couple minor scratches on my hand. My Expedition Stockman and 2 of my Copper Barlows have some damage. Will likely leave the black micarta/ copper as-is, can't feel any sharpness on the scratch. The Ironwood/ copper has some dents with raised sharp edges, I'll have to work those and get the sharp gone. The stockman has a dent in the edge of the micarta, need to smooth that out.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I don't mind honest wear from use. I hate damage from stupid handling. Oh well.

Boker Horde, 2023 version. Some aren't shown, as I've already made the decision on their disposition. Some of the ones shown are still undetermined, but I have a definite feeling on what happens.

Brown Micartas.
original.jpg

Expedition-ish stuff.
original.jpg

Remaining Barlows and Ironwood Boxer.
original.jpg

Thanks for the push into this one OldHercDude OldHercDude . I'm really enjoying it, although you probably can't tell by how clean it is. 😁
View attachment 2216106

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

It can take a little time for the changes on these. Even though I don't use knives nearly as much as I did earlier in my life when I was much more active and therefore don't show much use, after a couple years mine looks quite a bit different (colors shift a bit depending on lighting). The micarta is much smoother and darker, and at the right angle you can see use wear starting to show on the blade. The brass constantly changes a little as it is handled and used, new rubs or scratches, etc...
original.jpg

I keep hoping Boker will release an updated version with no shield to match the Club and single-blade Stockman SFOs.

Back