Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

Been awhile since I've picked up a Boker barlow! I couldn't resist the clearance price of the SMKW exclusive. That was just too good to pass up! I'll be using this as fodder to practice my re-cover/peening. :)

dW3WiPT.jpg

lNfITmh.jpg

rm5NM0v.jpg

47q1XT4.jpg

I got this one a while back and hadn't gotten around to posting pics until now. This is the brown canvas micarta version of the Club knife. I really like it, though it's pretty different from the stock product pictures. I'm not sure how to describe it other than to say that the overall finish on the handle and the blade is not shiny at all. It's kind of a dull, matte-like finish.

The bolsters are not polished and actually have a little texture to them. Not rough or coarse, but not smooth. The pics here were taken after carrying it for a few weeks and the bolsters have started to patina a bit and have dulled down even more than the way it looked new.

The micarta covers also have a bit of texture to them. Just a little bit of 'grippiness'.

The blade also has a matte finish, and so, along with the look of the bolsters and the covers, the best descriptive word I can come up with is that the knife looks 'dull'. I don't mean this in the sense that it is boring, more that it's the opposite of 'shiny' or 'flashy', which is how most knives look. The subdued look is really kinda cool, in it's own way. The only real downside to the appearance is that I wouldn't want to drop it out in the yard or on a trail. It would never be found again.

Other than that, it is typical Boker quality. Exceptional fit and finish and a nicely sharpened blade.

j5rR0kSl.jpg

3NU7Q5Wl.jpg

Mark

I’m quite fond of all my German made Bokers, only have a few, but they are well made. I wouldn’t rate any of them as high as a GEC, but above average in the fit and finish department. All of mine have softer pulls, and light nail nicks, except for a couple of barlows, those have perfect spring tension and equally nice long pulls.
The bone is nice, blades thin, I wish they had a distal taper, and also wish the shields were pinned, they have a tendency to fall out, but otherwise no complaints.

I can't remember the last time I posted in here. Always enjoy viewing the knives you all have been posting. :cool:

Anywhos, an update of sorts. My most-carried Boker traditionals. The other few I have have been sitting more than not.
original.jpg
Great photo and selection you have there. 👍

Been awhile since I've picked up a Boker barlow! I couldn't resist the clearance price of the SMKW exclusive. That was just too good to pass up! I'll be using this as fodder to practice my re-cover/peening. :)

dW3WiPT.jpg

lNfITmh.jpg

rm5NM0v.jpg

47q1XT4.jpg
I always thought that was a beautiful knife. Shame here is we can't buy direct from Boker and the Australian distributor wasn't interested in getting this model.

It's a stunner my friend.

Back