Bose Knives

Thanks for posting those navin74 navin74
It was great seeing you, albeit brief. My trip was way too short. I’ll plan on staying longer next year. Had such a great time though!

Thanks for posting those navin74 navin74
It was great seeing you, albeit brief. My trip was way too short. I’ll plan on staying longer next year. Had such a great time though!

There are too many knives and makers to see and meet in only one day. I am glad you made it out and I am already looking forward to next year! Take care.
Nathan

Amaaaaazing stag! Good prices on those TB knives, compared to what I have seen them for. I love to see A2 having a renaissance. I have a 5" toothpick which looks much like the A2 Powderhorn.

View attachment 1164841

I am asking for advice from some of you experts here, because a Tony Bose knife is a hefty investment. Is it better to stick with a bolstered knife with perhaps two blades, or would a shadow single blade like this one be a good choice? I understand personal preference is paramount, but I want to be smart if I am going to take the plunge. Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Well... Mr. Bose makes a great knife, but some of the prices on the secondary market are crazy. That said, if you are getting it direct from Tony, you’re fine.

View attachment 1164841

I am asking for advice from some of you experts here, because a Tony Bose knife is a hefty investment. Is it better to stick with a bolstered knife with perhaps two blades, or would a shadow single blade like this one be a good choice? I understand personal preference is paramount, but I want to be smart if I am going to take the plunge. Thanks in advance for your valuable input.
I honestly don't think you can make an error on buying a Bose. If you like the knife, go for it! I would. That looks like a nice one.

View attachment 1165136 View attachment 1165138 View attachment 1165137

I would like to officially thank all of the Great Enablers here on the Porch! These photographs were taken at Wilfred Works, perhaps by Tony Bose himself, and the great one will be shipping the knife to me on Monday. A 2 Steel with a darkening etch. When my wife complains, I will blame all of you. (Actually, she thinks every knife costs about $100! She always tells me that they all look alike to her. If anyone tells her the truth, I will not be a happy camper.) You will also see me disgorge about half a dozen knives on the Exchange to help defray some of the cost!

Last edited:

I would like to officially thank all of the Great Enablers here on the Porch! These photographs were taken at Wilfred Works, perhaps by Tony Bose himself, and the great one will be shipping the knife to me on Monday. A 2 Steel with a darkening etch. When my wife complains, I will blame all of you. (Actually, she thinks every knife costs about $100! She always tells me that they all look alike to her. If anyone tells her the truth, I will not be a happy camper.) You will also see me disgorge about half a dozen knives on the Exchange to help defray some of the cost!
Excellent Greg.

Congrats! Direct from the Ol' Dog himself huh? A bargain!!! You should see what his knives go for on the secondary market.

You will love that knife!! Great builder, stag and steel! Congratulations and enjoy.

Back