1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bose Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VCM3, Apr 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Thanks for posting the pics for us that couldn't make it

Lhpanther likes this.
  2. The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    Great pics thanks guys!!

Lhpanther and navin74 like this.
  3. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Thanks for posting those @navin74
    It was great seeing you, albeit brief. My trip was way too short. I’ll plan on staying longer next year. Had such a great time though!

navin74 likes this.
  4. navin74

navin74

Mar 27, 2012
    There are too many knives and makers to see and meet in only one day. I am glad you made it out and I am already looking forward to next year! Take care.
    Nathan

5. sierracharlie

sierracharlie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Amaaaaazing stag! Good prices on those TB knives, compared to what I have seen them for. I love to see A2 having a renaissance. I have a 5" toothpick which looks much like the A2 Powderhorn.

navin74 and Lhpanther like this.
  6. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I should probably just try to ignore this thread.:)

knowtracks and joeradza like this.
  7. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    93CBE373-E935-446D-A5DC-C5D730845702.jpeg

I am asking for advice from some of you experts here, because a Tony Bose knife is a hefty investment. Is it better to stick with a bolstered knife with perhaps two blades, or would a shadow single blade like this one be a good choice? I understand personal preference is paramount, but I want to be smart if I am going to take the plunge. Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

mb> and navin74 like this.
  8. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    As a general rule single blade knives have the largest pool of interested buyers.

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    A Stag Shadow is a rare pattern. If you like the knife . . . . .Buy it!!! I have never regretted any of Tony's knives I have purchased!! And I have purchased some odd ones!!

mb>, Leslie Tomville and knowtracks like this.
  10. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Well... Mr. Bose makes a great knife, but some of the prices on the secondary market are crazy. That said, if you are getting it direct from Tony, you’re fine.

11. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I love that knife by the way. I’m sure if you ever had a problem with it, Tony or Reece would fix it for you also.

12. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    A single blade shadow is my preference for a Bose (I carry all of mine).

13. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I honestly don't think you can make an error on buying a Bose. If you like the knife, go for it! I would. That looks like a nice one.

knowtracks and Leslie Tomville like this.
  14. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Deleted the dreaded double post.

15. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
  16. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    854E5E83-11D4-4EF5-9A08-A346D2086FCF.jpeg B0871E76-897C-44CE-91BF-EF0FF79708FB.jpeg E98FA3F6-5662-4394-A738-5CF7CB012F80.jpeg

I would like to officially thank all of the Great Enablers here on the Porch! These photographs were taken at Wilfred Works, perhaps by Tony Bose himself, and the great one will be shipping the knife to me on Monday. A 2 Steel with a darkening etch. When my wife complains, I will blame all of you. (Actually, she thinks every knife costs about $100! She always tells me that they all look alike to her. If anyone tells her the truth, I will not be a happy camper.) You will also see me disgorge about half a dozen knives on the Exchange to help defray some of the cost!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  17. The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    Beautiful knife congrats!!

18. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Excellent Greg.

19. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Congrats! Direct from the Ol' Dog himself huh? A bargain!!! You should see what his knives go for on the secondary market.

Leslie Tomville and knowtracks like this.
  20. navin74

navin74

Mar 27, 2012
    You will love that knife!! Great builder, stag and steel! Congratulations and enjoy.

navaja likes this.