Bow Legged Chopper

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Well, last Friday I got the steel. So I sat down and tried out some designs in wood before hitting the grinder. I keep all scraps of plywood and luan to do just this. It took a few models, but I found a handle I like!

BLC102_0467-vi.jpg

The top model is the one I liked. I did make one more ajustment before going to steel though.

BLC102_0468-vi.jpg

And here are all the patterns with the steel profiled!

BLC102_0469-vi.jpg

BLC102_0470-vi.jpg

Look how tiny it is:

BLC102_0472-vi.jpg

Yea. Not tiny. (Yes, that is steel dust coating my arm.)

BLC102_0473-vi.jpg

Lookin good so far.

BLC102_0477-vi.jpg

Last edited:
:eek: :eek:............................................................................:eek: :eek:

That, without a doubt, has to be the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen:D:thumbup:

Damnit, now I have to clean the drool out of my laptop:eek:

Looks like a great design, I think one of these with a micarta handle would be a great chopper.

I was just looking at this again and I'm pretty sure that is 1/4" steel, but good Lord it looks like 1/2"!! I can't wait to see the grinds and handle take shape on this one:thumbup::cool:

Holy crap.....

Youve outdone yourself again Andy.

That thing is the sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.

That is one awesome blade and it isn't even finished yet. Damn, your going to bankrupt me if you keep making sweet new designs.

My, my, my, my, my!

Oh man, oh man, oh man...

How much did you figure this was gonna be? I better start another fund now!

One of the sweetest choppers I have ever seen! Cant wait to see it fully finished! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think it'll be around $300. In this steel at least. I'm dying to try it in 3V, but I have no idea whether that will be available when I need it. And the cost will go up substantially if it goes to 3V too.

She's ground. Spine rounded at flat part so you can hold it while you drawknife. The flashlight is a Surefire L2 for scale.

blcccc102_0479-vi.jpg

blcccc102_0480-vi.jpg

blcccc102_0481-vi.jpg

blcccc102_0482-vi.jpg

blcccc102_0483-vi.jpg

blcccc102_0484-vi.jpg

Looks like you're going to have to find a source for extra large custom knife display stands!

Heavens Sake!

And to think ....Ive been looking for one of these!

Umm, wheres the list to sign up?:)

Back