Bow Legged Chopper

I tempered to get a 56-58 RC per the Bethlehem book "Modern Steels - Handbook 3310"

(Either way, I'm not doing a sheath...)

I don't blame you. After spending so much time on the knife, you don't want to spend another half a day per sheath. That would be some serious leather real estate!:D Wish I had the cashola for this one. Definitely a cool chopper.

Here is the secret to getting expensive toys in a marriage. Coach purse. Pick one thats just a bit more expensive than what you want. Then if the shit hits the fan regarding your toy, remind gently that you are all about 1st rate gear for her also.

Correct. If you want your lady to be quiet when you spend money, know your female desireables. Key names are Coach, Nine West, Dooney & Bourke, etc.

Ok, last night I measured and cut the kydex for this beefcake. That knife is crazy big. I'll get to molding it tonight. A buddy of mine is bringing me his eyelet press today after work and he's going to take mine and fix it. Someone do me a flavor and measure the distance between the center of the holes on a large tec-loc. I'm not doing on on here but I'm still going to drill it for one. Andy and I were talking about it Sunday and we agree that the only practical ways to carry this knife is in a pack or a Baldric rig.

Correct. If you want your lady to be quiet when you spend money, know your female desireables. Key names are Coach, Nine West, Dooney & Bourke, etc.

You and Andy nailed it. Ive survived 10 years on this philosphy. Coach bags, Clinique makeup, UG boots etc.... Gotta keep the women happy, so I can be happy. ;)

Have to do the molding and eyeleting tomorrow night. Sarah's dumbass friends are coming over for dinner. This one chick, Joselyn, I think that's how you spell it, I can't f@#$in stand. She does the same thing everytime she comes over. She comes in and takes her shoes and socks off. Now that on it's own isn't bad, if you don't have stank ass feet and your shoes are dirty, but her feet f@#$in stink! and she tries to sit indian style on the couch. I contsantly have to remind her that NO ONE puts their feet on my f@#$ing couch! I spent top dollar on my beautiful microfiber leather couch, this one...

and that inconsiderate fat stupid b@#$% thinks she can put her boiled peanut lookin stank feet on it. What kind of person does that?! I've NEVER seen anyone else do some crap like that before. I swear if she does it tonight, I don't care if she's my wife's friend or not, I am throwing that stupid b@#$% out and banning her from ever stepping into my house again.

Am I crazy for being like this, or is that seriously some stupid crap? It's not like she doesn't know her feet stink. Who doesn't know whether or not their feet stink? Even if they didn't, they're feet!! Get them off my f@#$ing couch! Sorry. Rant over. Point being, I'll be busy protecting my furnature this evening.

I guess people who don't have nice stuff just don't understand. That couch represents a LOT of my hard earned money. It's not a couch in some college dorm room or some crappy party house. I hate young people. No respect for other people's stuff.

Last edited:
That is too bad about the delay on the sheathwork, but I understand completely. I don't care how good of friends you are with someone, I think it is totally classless to put your feet, stank or not, on someone else's furniture. If my feet were stank, I can't even imagine taking my shoes off in front of other people. My feet aren't stank and I still don't do it.

If Brenda had friends like that, I'd tell her that she had one chance to take care of the problem and after that I'd take care of it. I make stankfeet feel so unwelcome that I wouldn't have to worry about her setting stankfoot in my house, let alone on my furniture. Fortunately, Brenda is even more particular than I am, so it has never been an issue.

:eek:Wifey must be pissed:thumbup:

I warned her plenty of times that eventually I was going to explain the concept of respecting other people's property to that idiot in a way that would be less than friendly if it didn't stop. It didn't stop. Halfway through coffee, that dumbass puts her feet up on my couch.

I said, "you know your feet smell like boiled sh!t. You know that this isn't your house or your furniture. What kind of retarded piece of sh!t did your worthless parents raise?"

She said, "well this is Sarah's couch too."

I said, "THE HELL IT IS! This is my f@#$ing couch. I paid for it! If Sarah and I split up, this couch is coming with me, and if that happens, it won't smell like the sh!tty inconsiderate fat b!tch feet! Now get the f@#$ out of my house! Don't ever f@#$ing come back! Feel free to tell all of your friends what an @sshole I am about my furniture so maybe they can avoid a smelly fat b!tch mistake."

I'll have to pick up a "hush gift" or two on the way home. The wifey was actually really cool about it. She knows that I was completely justified and that her friend did deserve the boot. She even apologized to me this morning for putting me in that situation.

She even apologized to me this morning for putting me in that situation.

Wow, seriously!?:confused:

It sounds like you did almost exactly what I'd have done if put in the same situation. I just can't understand her friend's insistence on putting her nasty feet on your couch. I could understand her putting them on it unknowingly once and perhaps forgetting once or twice, but it sounds like this has been an ongoing problem. I have a real problem with inconsiderate people:grumpy:

Ok. The kydex mold last night came out looking like sh!t. I tried to do a short set of arms coming off the top with d-rings molded in for the baldric rig strap. Didn't turn out well. I cut the arms off and flattened the kydex back out. We'll go for round two tonight.

Back