Bow Legged Chopper

You guys are too good to me. I'm going to start a list next week. The knife will be $350 shipped. I'm going to talk to Dylside this weekend about kydex. Leather would make this thing too heavy IMO. (Either way, I'm not doing a sheath...)

FYI...this one is my new background:

BLC102_0567-vi.jpg

I cannot wait for the run on this one!!! It is going to be tough as HELL deciding on handle material(s). That is my only complaint with Andy's work, he has WAY too many awesome materials to choose from.

Well, it takes such a HUGE piece of stock to do a handle for this guy that your choices will be limited! You're welcome!

Hey, let me know and I'll send you the full size image.

Well, it takes such a HUGE piece of stock to do a handle for this guy that your choices will be limited! You're welcome!

Hey, let me know and I'll send you the full size image.

Thanks for helping narrow it down! I looked at your Fotki page, but didn't see any higher res pictures. I'll send you an email about the full size pic.

As lame as it sounds, I managed to talk Mrs. JC into letting me get on the list for this one! Of course, it comes at the expense of my Koster Survivor, but it will be sssoooooo worth it!

Oh my goodness, Andy

That thing is fricking awesome :eek: :eek: :eek:

Any chance to see an in-hand pic (what glove size do you wear), so I can decide if I need to sell some other stuff to get one ;)

I know I want one, the question is should I :D

I'll start a list for these on Monday, and order them waterjetted from Great Lakes next week.

The handle is 6" long. I wear a large glove. You can hold it in a bunch of grips. I'll post an action thread tomorrow or Sunday in WSS and you'll be able to see it in action.

Andy, this one turned out absolutely in-freaking-credible. If/when you decide to do a run of this one, I see my Koster Survivor hitting the exchange so I have the funds to make sure I'm #1 on the list. I know I say 'great job' each time you finish a batch, but this one is seriously off the charts.

WOW! I'd be selling a bunch of things for one of those!! :thumbup:

WOW! I'd be selling a bunch of things for one of those!! :thumbup:

Wow indeed. I just posted it in the individual for sale section. For those of you out there that are on the edge about ordering one of Andy's fine blades, you should take this as a testament to the quality, fit, finish and pure excellence that comes out of Fiddleback Forge. Don't get me wrong, the Survivor is an awesome blade, but not nearly as awesome as this one will be (IMHO)!

This is one awesome beast,what steel options are you offering,i am seriously thinking of getting on the list,i also would like to know the wheight,thanks
Marc

That is a very cool chopper. :thumbup: And I like (and have too many) choppers. :rolleyes::D

You should post this bad boy over on the Custom forum.

I showed Juli this last night and she loved it. "like a camp kitchen knife that could take down a few branches" was her comment. She had never noticed my EDC either and I showed her while describing your handle combinations. Also said that the Bow Legged belt knife looked like it would be great as a paring knife. (and I do most of the cooking).
Love it myself and would do bad things for a model with your red/black micarta, would probably end my search for a chopper!

Now if only you could do a giveaway of the first model, say to guys named Kris who are not working and have a 2 week old boy at home?

My scale didn't go up high enough to get the weight on it. It was rainy yesterday, but I did manage to get some chopping pics, so I'll have a bunch to post. The steel is 5160, and for now thats the only option I'm offering. It performed really well yesterday on old seasoned oak. The only edge issue I had was when I hit a large rock in the dirt, and that was very minor. I'll start a list today. The handle materials offered are going to be quite limited because of the size of the handle. It took a huge piece of micarta to do the handle, and I just don't have a big selection of wood in sizes that large. Likely any wood would be an upcharge. This thing is screaming for micarta.

Back