Bow Legged Chopper

PLEASE tell me you're going to leave the as-forged/heat treated finish on that one. It looks fan-freaking-tastic!!:thumbup:

I believe the only way this knife is sellable at the price target I want is as forged finish. It would cost almost a grand to get me to polish that thing...

(Even then I'd send it out...)

It looks sooooo cool though, why would you want to polish it out? I seriously think this is the best and most original looking chopper I've ever seen.

Oh, I'm with you. Since this one is mine, I did it how I'd want it.

I may do a run of these. Maybe.... That would be a LOT of work!!!

Yea, if you can beat TonyM. He's been pretty silent around the forums lately though...

Handle in glueup.

bigboi102_0524-vi.jpg

bigboi102_0526-vi.jpg

bigboi102_0530-vi.jpg

bigboi102_0531-vi.jpg

Damnit this thing is going to be awesome! I don't think anyone trolls your forum more frequently than I do, so beating Tony to the #1 spot on this run should be a breeze. I'm still nagging the Mrs. about a reprieve from knife restriction:eek: Typing that made me realize this is a perfect opportunity to employ one of my mottos, "its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission":eek:

Here is the secret to getting expensive toys in a marriage. Coach purse. Pick one thats just a bit more expensive than what you want. Then if the shit hits the fan regarding your toy, remind gently that you are all about 1st rate gear for her also.

Here is the secret to getting expensive toys in a marriage. Coach purse. Pick one thats just a bit more expensive than what you want. Then if the shit hits the fan regarding your toy, remind gently that you are all about 1st rate gear for her also.

I hear you bro. I must have married an anomaly. For whatever reason, Brenda doesn't get into expensive toys like I do. I bought her a Vera Bradley purse (<$100) not too long ago, with my blow money and although she liked it, she wasn't pleased that I spent "so much" on it.

Heck, I already do that. About ever 2-3 years.;)

LOL...I don't know anything about womens fashion so when my wife said she got a Coach purse one day I said okay. She made the mistake about 6 months later of telling me how much she spent.:eek: Now I have aKoster on the way.:D

My now-adult kids say ... that's "wicked."

Looks like it could chop down a fair size tree on its own.:eek:

Andy, this one turned out absolutely in-freaking-credible. If/when you decide to do a run of this one, I see my Koster Survivor hitting the exchange so I have the funds to make sure I'm #1 on the list. I know I say 'great job' each time you finish a batch, but this one is seriously off the charts.

Back