Brass is back on the menu... GEC #44

GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

Man, they seem to be raging through these. I wonder if they're trying to start the 14s before the Rendezvous.......

STAINLESS 14 RENDEZVOUS KNIFE!!!! ;)

What is wrong with the bullet shield? I think it looks fantastic and should be a requirement, especially on a Gunstock knife!:)
It's just not for me. I don't like to advertise to the general public that I own and use guns. I think we have enough problems hanging onto our second amendment.

Last edited:
It's just not for me. I don't like to advertise to the general public that I own and use guns. I think we have enough problems hanging onto our second amendment rights. It's bad enough pulling out a knife in public, but add a cartridge shield and it will attract even more negative attention. Maybe I'm too sensitive :)

I can sympathize with your sentiments regarding the use of the bullet shield. Further discussion will undoubtedly descend into the realm of politics so I will refrain from commenting too much on it. But I will say that I would be surprised if folks even took notice of the shield. I am already rather discreet in my knife use and using a smaller slip joint only enhances that discretion. If the one thing that a stranger picks up on in my knife use is the fact that it has a shield that resembles a bullet on it than I suppose that speaks to the type of person that stranger is, rather than my tastes in knives or other hobbies.

I guess my point is that, in use, that shield isn't going to attract any untoward attention. I suppose I could be wrong though.

LOL!

I'm really excited for my BULLET shield knife to be in my hands. This knife may be my new hunting buddy!

It looks like it's going to handle any task in it's way. Big clip ( my favorite blade shape) and a giant pen blade...so useful.

Last edited:
I can sympathize with your sentiments regarding the use of the bullet shield. Further discussion will undoubtedly descend into the realm of politics so I will refrain from commenting too much on it. But I will say that I would be surprised if folks even took notice of the shield. I am already rather discreet in my knife use and using a smaller slip joint only enhances that discretion. If the one thing that a stranger picks up on in my knife use is the fact that it has a shield that resembles a bullet on it than I suppose that speaks to the type of person that stranger is, rather than my tastes in knives or other hobbies.

I guess my point is that, in use, that shield isn't going to attract any untoward attention. I suppose I could be wrong though.
You are probably right, I just prefer not to advertise my gun hobby.

I'm in regardless, & admittedly I'm picky but the shield looks a bit larger than need be.

It is a bit longer than shown on the renderings, and longer than the hotdog and Tidioute shields as well (renderings show them all the same length). It doesn't bother me, but I wonder why they did it. It seems like it would cause more work on their part.

One other thing that I noticed while drooling at the in-progress photos on the GEC website: they did away with the fourth pin on the ebony, micarta, and cocobolo models, yet the liners have this hole drilled through them. People who have already received their ebonies - is this hole open in the liner or did they install some sort of plug or blind pin?

You are probably right, I just prefer not to advertise my gun hobby.

I don't like to advertise either, mostly because I have no use for thieves. I used to have a vehicle that I would put stickers from some of my favored manufacturers on and though it never caused any undue attention, I became increasingly uncomfortable with it and have refused to do such to any of my later vehicles. I think discretion is a commodity that is in exceedingly short supply these days so I certainly respect your position.

Didn't say they looked bad, didn't say you shouldn't buy them, just said they weren't for me.
That's enough on that particular subject. let's talk knives and not sociology. :)
It really is a gorgeous knife...

Back