Brass is back on the menu... GEC #44

LOL!

I'm really excited for my BULLET shield knife to be in my hands. This knife may be my new hunting buddy!

It looks like it's going to handle any task in it's way. Big clip ( my favorite place shape) and a giant pen blade...so useful.
That's why I'm wanting to try it. If I can get two blades that don't bug me when I'm using the knife, I'd rather have them both rather than one!

Echoing the sentiments of others...GEC really nailed this one.:thumbsup:

78KOa8O.jpg

People who have already received their ebonies - is this hole open in the liner or did they install some sort of plug or blind pin?[/QUOTE said:
Mine has two holes at the hump.

One other thing that I noticed while drooling at the in-progress photos on the GEC website: they did away with the fourth pin on the ebony, micarta, and cocobolo models, yet the liners have this hole drilled through them. People who have already received their ebonies - is this hole open in the liner or did they install some sort of plug or blind pin?

I think those unfilled holes are a thing of beauty. :thumbsup::cool: The knives look cleaner and more uncluttered (to me!) without that 4th pin.

That's too much brass...not a fan at all I'm afraid:( And I thought Northfield aspired at premium? Brass is not it...

But, the Tidioute is looking tempting:)
I order the two in Brass , I wanted something different in my collection.
Like em all, brass will be great with patina:cool::thumbsup: it's the buck 110 factor I grew up with:D
I order two myself in brass and the Tidioute Golden rod jigged bone , after they got rid of the hotdog shield.

Not sure about the brass, although it would sure patina nicely. I’ve been spoiled by the nice Tidioute shields lately, so I’m disappointed to see more hotdogs.
I’m thinking the stag is the way to go.
They changed the hotdog shields on the Tidioute Goldenrod jigged bone to "Tidioute shields".

It might be worth noting that verdigris is only an issue if you let your knife remain wet or is exposed to moisture for extended periods of time. Both are already issues for carbon steel so it stands to reason that if you keep your knife dry and clean after use, verdigris shouldn't be much of a problem. At least when paired with wood as a cover material, I've heard that brass doesn't play well with stag or horn.

I never realized that the smell of brass was an issue until so many folks have alluded to it here on the forums. Having spent many years doing Living History activities, I have handled a lot of brass and I can't say that I have ever been put off by the smell, perhaps I am simply accustomed to it.
I use Lucas synthetic oil on my knives and they smell wonderful. My guns smell great too.

GEC changed the Goldenrod jigged bone hotdog shield to Tidioute shield. I just preordered one at Gunstock Jacks , yesterday.

Those are the highest two demanded versions, by far. I was a bit surprised at how LOW the production count was on them. There are actually probably quite a bit more of the bone than the wood.
920 sounds a little high for GEC . They low number everything to make the Ebay knife pimps rich.

One other thing that I noticed while drooling at the in-progress photos on the GEC website: they did away with the fourth pin on the ebony, micarta, and cocobolo models, yet the liners have this hole drilled through them. People who have already received their ebonies - is this hole open in the liner or did they install some sort of plug or blind pin?

Good eye. Not sure I'd have noticed had you not pointed it out. Wonder what lead them to omit the pin on some & not others.... ??

Back