Buck 110 Auto Now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a gun show...cash is always king at a gun show...and a knife show:).

If you don't know why, that's your loss!

Cash gets you a 20% discount at my local knife store too. They sell autos as well ;). They also give you a paper receipt, so you can return it or prove you own it.

Yes, I've been to gun and knife shows. I can see why sellers who specialize in Nazi insignia would want cash. At gun shows here, it was always the guy selling reloads without the appropriate license or insurance that wanted cash. Like I said, it's the first red flag. All the rather thinly veiled white supremacist stuff is why I don't go to gun shows.

Personally, I've lost interest in things I can't buy or own above board, legitimately.

That happened right around the time I became able to buy (and afford) just about anything I want legitimately. An above board piece of merchandise is almost always better than it's illegal counterpart, in no small part because more money is involved, and reputations are actually on the line. The more skin everyone has in the game, the higher the profit will be and, therefore, the better the product will be. You think you can make a lot of money under the table? Take the same business legitimate, and make a fortune.

Cash, on the other hand, severs the last tie between buyer and seller the moment it's handed over. That's why drug dealers use it. (No, I'm not saying everyone who uses cash is a drug dealer, I'm saying this attribute of cash is well known.)

There's nothing more worthless than a weapon you can't use because you're not supposed to own it. A weapon that you're entitled to, on the other hand, that you bought legally and have every moral and legal right to have in your hand and use if you must (and because of that situation is of the highest quality a capitalist society can produce) can be a serious problem for bad guys.

Brownshoe, a discount that large should tell you something.

Last edited:
WOW....I mentioned the word cash and this thread went way off topic.....It is SMKW a company that has been around for many years, and it was one of the owners sons. He may have taken credit cards as SMKW does. I did not ask. I use cash at shows as most buyers do. I didn't notice if he had a credit card reader there to authorize a sale, but he may well have. As a side note, I run 23 shopping malls in NY, PA and NJ, and we have many carts and small kiosks that use wireless credit card system to process sales and they have the highest level of fraud both by workers and high tech criminals that steal the information via remote readers. I will stick to cash at knife shows....Thanks for jumping on one word I used instead of the topic. Anyone care to discuss the knife anymore?

I believe if you want to talk credit vs. cash you start a new thread. This IS off topic. This started out as talking about the sheath for the Buck 110 auto.

Last edited:
I would like to know on post #14 the front bolster has a vertical dent. Would you keep it or send it back if you received it like that?

I still am carrying the knife. I really like the one handed opening system. I'm getting used to the traditional closing method. I guess I've been spoiled by the double action out the fronts I often carry.

I haven't noticed any more severe scratching. I am carrying it the same way all the time. I knew that when I saw it scratching that it would be a concern for some here. I think it's a legitimate concern also. Had the extra pad been sewn in, it may have appearance issues. Glued in would likely not have worked either. It will be interesting if there is a modification made to the initial sheath design. It is a good sheath to prevent accidental opening.

Be cautious all who use a different sheath. I have taken an automatic out of a sheath that had the "button" pushed. It's a tricky thing and depends how you carry it. I cut myself slightly on that one and always remembered that lesson. It's mostly the reason I prefer a double action out the front for carrying. This sheath design appears to be safe, but scratches the knife.

I use cash at all types of shows. It's just how most folks want to do business. When I went to a show without cash, I bought with my card and the man had a device that went through his phone. He commented that he was lucky to have signal. I hadn't planned to attend that show, so I was not prepared. Cash is king.

HELLO Geddinight ,I am not talking cash, I asked about the dent on the front bolster did you receive it like that? Good shot of it in last picture.

Last edited:
WOW....I mentioned the word cash and this thread went way off topic....
I assumed you included the word "cash" for a reason. I assumed that reason was that the seller would only accept cash. It's the internet. I can only know what you write, not what you think.

To me, the points I brought up were about the knife, the maker and on topic.

Geddinight, as the cellular device shows, cash used to be king.

Jammer Six your sorta new so if you want to talk cash vs. credit you must start a new thread, this is very much OFF topic please discontinue and start a new topic. If you go to the first post it tells what is being spoken about. If you continue you will be reported as a troll.

New? I compare our dates and see something else. But I appreciate the warning.

As others have pointed out, the points about cash can be taken as on topic. I think you'll have a hard time making that case. But again, I appreciate the warning.

As far as trolling, I'll just tell you flat out: I'm not trying to troll anyone, and I'm sorry if anyone thought I was. And once more, I appreciate the warning.

I suggest you accept cash as part of this discussion. It's interesting to me to hear what other think about it. (Well, other than the threats, that is.)

Last edited:
I got a 110 auto a week ago and it is really nicely made and fires like a charm but the sheath is lacking and will scratch the brass pretty well.

Jammer six great way to derail a thread.

Yes, I've been to gun and knife shows. I can see why sellers who specialize in Nazi insignia would want cash. At gun shows here, it was always the guy selling reloads without the appropriate license or insurance that wanted cash. Like I said, it's the first red flag. All the rather thinly veiled white supremacist stuff is why I don't go to gun shows.

Personally, I've lost interest in things I can't buy or own above board, legitimately.

That happened right around the time I became able to buy (and afford) just about anything I want legitimately. An above board piece of merchandise is almost always better than it's illegal counterpart, in no small part because more money is involved, and reputations are actually on the line. The more skin everyone has in the game, the higher the profit will be and, therefore, the better the product will be. You think you can make a lot of money under the table? Take the same business legitimate, and make a fortune.

Cash, on the other hand, severs the last tie between buyer and seller the moment it's handed over. That's why drug dealers use it. (No, I'm not saying everyone who uses cash is a drug dealer, I'm saying this attribute of cash is well known.)

There's nothing more worthless than a weapon you can't use because you're not supposed to own it. A weapon that you're entitled to, on the other hand, that you bought legally and have every moral and legal right to have in your hand and use if you must (and because of that situation is of the highest quality a capitalist society can produce) can be a serious problem for bad guys.

Brownshoe, a discount that large should tell you something.

Well why don't you just go get a microchip implanted under your skin and use it for all monetary transactions, then.

I'm not completely comfortable with the microchip idea or even using my phone. I'm familiar with credit cards and understand them, so that's what I use. How wide spread is microchip tech? Could you really use it at a knife show?

A 110 auto is illegal where I live and it seems more like a novelty item, but it's cool to see anyway!

With respect to the cash tangent, I always assumed a main reason unscrupulous merchants have a "cash discount" was to pocket the money and not claim it as income, which amounts to not paying your fair share in my opinion.

Gents, this is a knife forum. Specifically, it is a Buck knife forum. As such, the discussion is supposed to be about Buck knives. Please discuss the purchasing process elsewhere. Likewise please stop with the Nazi references. They have no place in this forum.

There you go Jammer Six now you've been moderated. Thank You knarfeng. You were OFF TOPIC!!! Same to you MT_ Pokt.

Congratulations Michael5135!
You've once again proven that your anti-social disorder knows no bounds!

MT_ Pokt your the person who stuck his nose where it didn't belong! I call it as I see it. Maybe we can get back to discussing Buck Knives again. Wait a second your the one who said let the moderator decide. You can't stand on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back