Buck 110s and 112s SLIMS

Same knife I have, but no S30V or BOS markings.
Man, they're getting QUICK with the fakes.

I'm just kidding of course. I'm sure they just forgot to laser a batch of them. I suppose it's conceivable that a batch of 420 blades ended up in g10 handles.

Are the 420 blades marked?

Just got a 112 in G-10 in today, but it is not marked S30V on the back side of the blade like the pictures I have seen. I thought Buck usually marked them if they were not their standard steel.
It should be marked. Does the front side have a lasered on model # or hard stamp?

No idea how to post pics, but my black 110 select came in today. Feel half as thick as a standard110 and weighs 1/3. No blade wobble in any direction. There is a hump where the lock meets the blade as others mentioned. Steel liners would have been nice as the scales are soft enough to squish together. Still, for the money this is a good buy

But why do the pictures of the pros that Makael posted show it etched with S30V and the picture that jd_elam posted doesn’t?
If they are both pro models shouldn’t they both have S30V etched on the blade?
And all the other pictures of the pro models show S30V.

But why do the pictures of the pros that Makael posted show it etched with S30V and the picture that jd_elam posted doesn’t?
If they are both pro models shouldn’t they both have S30V etched on the blade?
And all the other pictures of the pro models show S30V.
You are correct. We went through our stock of product and blades and found 3 blades that were not marked. We are unable to tell how many left the building with that mistake.

For those that have the Micarta versions, is it polished really smooth, or left textured?
the brown one I have is a bit smoother. still some texture but not rough. the green one I have is rougher. not by much just has a different feel to it. might just be the different micartas more than the finishing of then.

Weird the G10 112 Slim I have has the same texture of a Spyderco

My G-10 110 has fairly smooth scales, almost a little too much for my liking. I guess they are all a little different.

Just got the green micarta pro 112, and it's about darn near perfect. The blade to handle ratio is a little off. The blade seems smaller and shorter than the regular 112.

This is what I've wanted from Buck knives for so long. I've had three different 110's that have been modded with pocket clips and thumb studs.

I hope Buck goes to a regular, less obvious pocket clip, but otherwise, I am very happy!

Same knife I have, but no S30V or BOS markings.

You are correct. We went through our stock of product and blades and found 3 blades that were not marked. We are unable to tell how many left the building with that mistake.

So if that's what you have, 30 years from now it will be one of those talked about knives on some list. "I finally can complete my collection of 112slims, I found the one with black g 10 and no blade stamp":D:cool:

Just got the green micarta pro 112, and it's about darn near perfect. The blade to handle ratio is a little off. The blade seems smaller and shorter than the regular 112.
!

The profile of this knife, blade and handle are identical to the traditional 112.

To me the blade has always seemed stumpy on the 112, but I love the handle.

The profile of this knife, blade and handle are identical to the traditional 112.

To me the blade has always seemed stumpy on the 112, but I love the handle.
The blade profile is of the slim is def not the traditional 110/112 shape. More like the bucklite max folders I would say.

Back