Buck Custom Shop

I'm having some sticker shock. I might have to order in a more affordable spitfire to see how much I like the spitfire design before I go off and spend 150 dollars. But then, I'm not a knife freak like some of you.

Maybe they will be a bit more tightly fitted if they are coming from the custom shop. I would hate to drop $150 and have a bunch of up and down play.

I just priced a couple versions that I like between 90 and 120. That’s not terrible.

Last edited:
I'm having some sticker shock. I might have to order in a more affordable spitfire to see how much I like the spitfire design before I go off and spend 150 dollars. But then, I'm not a knife freak like some of you.

I would say that's a good approach for any of the models in the custom shop. They are all very different from each other.

Maybe they will be a bit more tightly fitted if they are coming from the custom shop. I would hate to drop $150 and have a bunch of up and down play.

I just priced a couple versions that I like between 90 and 120. That’s not terrible.
The newest model has the slop taken out.

Cool. I just checked out the new custom shop 722 Spitfire.
I could get one to match the (factory) paint job on my 1989 KHS Montana Summit mountain bike :)
Hot Pink blade
Blue Handle
Yellow Spacer
Silver hardware.
On the bike, the fork, head tube and seat tube are Hot Pink, the rest of the frame is Blue.
Decals and cable housings are yellow.
Brakes, crank, and other components are silver.

I could get one to match the (factory) paint job on my 1989 KHS Montana Summit mountain bike :)
Hot Pink blade
Blue Handle
Yellow Spacer
Silver hardware.
On the bike, the fork, head tube and seat tube are Hot Pink, the rest of the frame is Blue.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:confused:

Have I ever once claimed to be "normal"?
Nope.
I admit to being "crazy" (but not "insane"). "Life" would be boring if you're not at least a little bit "crazy". :)
Pink and Blue were the KHS Factory Racing Team Colors in the 1980's to around the mid 1990's.
A pink and blue knife would be perfect when riding that bike. :)

Hot Pink blade
Blue Handle
Yellow Spacer
Silver hardware.

Something like this?

f3G83m53N75L55Eb5Jfd2ee371e771df7816d1.jpg

I rode an '83 Trek 610 in those days, including Seattle/Boston. Grey frame, with blue decals screaming yellow Benotto tape.

Current ride is a '79 Trek with BMX pedals. Too many injuries. Pairs well with my light aluminum 110. Wish the custom shop put the Al frame as an option!

Something like this?

f3G83m53N75L55Eb5Jfd2ee371e771df7816d1.jpg

I rode an '83 Trek 610 in those days, including Seattle/Boston. Grey frame, with blue decals screaming yellow Benotto tape.

Current ride is a '79 Trek with BMX pedals. Too many injuries. Pairs well with my light aluminum 110. Wish the custom shop put the Al frame as an option!
Yep! :)
That looks like it. :)
I got rid of everything "Shimano" but the BioPace crank set (did change the 48 tooth big ring for a 42 tooth BioPace though) and added fenders and a rear rack.
She is at the shop now, getting a mustache handlebar and a few other goodies. :)

The pink and blue Buck shows for the 722 looks like they would be a mighty close match. Of course that could be due to the screen settings on my phone ...

Last edited:
So, I'm pretty sure if I order a custom shop knife I will get the pressed in pivot hardware but if I order a spitfire from the online store what will I get? Lock rock and roll? Anyone know?

Back