Buck Fever! (Traditionals)

G.T. that stag canoe is gorgeous! ...
Wow! :eek: That is a beautiful knife. I didn’t know Buck did a canoe pattern...
Thanks for the kind words about the stag canoe, HeathH HeathH and @Spaten . :)

I had to replace my 371 with G10 covers. :(
I hope you let it keep some of your Buck canoes company in your EDC rotation. :)
Sorry to hear that supernatural forces made off with your 371! :eek: Glad you replaced it. :cool::thumbsup:
Your suggestion about letting my Buck 371 keep company with Buck canoes in my rotation schedule is a factor I haven't considered; I'll have to think about it. When I put my schedule together, I tend to think of each pattern independent of the others. I make sure I have a canoe scheduled for a given week, and a stockman, and a peanut-like knife, and so on. But I never really thought about "coordinating" the various types of knives so that one week I have a bunch of knives of the same brand, if possible. Or should I go a different direction, and try to avoid carrying more than one knife by a given maker each week, so that I can include as much brand variety as possible each week. For example, should I try to set up the schedule so that every week I have a Buck, a Case, a Colt, an Imperial, a Marbles, a Rough Rider, a Taylor-Schrade, and a Victorinox???

The 389 is the model number for the Buck canoe.
I think they have them with Amber Jigged Bone right now (to match the 371 stockman) at that big store that starts with a "W" that "everyone loves to hate" but still shops there. :)
Thanks for the info, Steve!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wasn't aware of the jigged bone Buck canoes being available; definitely gonna check this out! :)

Here's another of my Buck canoes, with Honey Bone handles:
kRVOjc8.jpg

- GT

I never really thought about "coordinating" the various types of knives so that one week I have a bunch of knives of the same brand, if possible.
Or should I go a different direction, so that I can include as much brand variety as possible each week. For example, should I try to set up the schedule so that every week I have a Buck, a Case, a Colt, an Imperial, a Marbles, a Rough Rider, a Taylor-Schrade, and a Victorinox
???
:)

- GT

Yes. :D

I'm rather fond of Buck 303s. Several nice ones have been posted in this thread but I don't remember seeing one of these. (The picture is an extra, left over from another thread. I think it belongs here.) It's called a "Workman" and I've heard they were sold at a discount and could be identified by their gray covers. Other than their color I can't tell any difference so I suspect it may have just been marketing. Anyone know something more about them?

LFMRSCf.jpg

I'm rather fond of Buck 303s. Several nice ones have been posted in this thread but I don't remember seeing one of these. (The picture is an extra, left over from another thread. I think it belongs here.) It's called a "Workman" and I've heard they were sold at a discount and could be identified by their gray covers. Other than their color I can't tell any difference so I suspect it may have just been marketing. Anyone know something more about them??
They usually had pad printing on the clip blade identifying it as a "Workman'. HTH, Preston

I am going to have to hunt for an older 110, I really like the square bolsters and lean, aggressive blade profile

Shamelessly bumping my own thread by quoting myself... finally got the two dot 110 I had been hunting... if love to see some more Buck pics. I've been spending some time on that forum lately but it's not as active as The Porch
20181123_095755-1053x588.jpg

Back