Buck Fever! (Traditionals)

Yeller 307s...
75Y37F4.jpg

One is not like the other ;)

Al, Taylor, Mark, Will... I agree with you guys regarding the 2017 BF knife as an EDC.
Buck 301s are all round excellent! :)
Two blades, long pull, FFG, elk and CPM154 cause the 2018 BF model to be over the top!! :cool:
Thanks once again to Buck, SK Blades, Sparks and everyone involved. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

YpQYwic.jpg

Buck 307 by Camillus c.1971-74 (top) and Buck 301 by Camillus c.1971
RQeJGA6.jpg

Buck 307 by Camillus c.1985-87 (top) and Buck 301 made in-house c.1986
fiUXdSf.jpg

In 1985, Buck started making the 301 and a couple of other patterns in-house. Buck continued the 307 contract with Camillus until the 307 was phased out around 1998. In 1985, Buck also changed from the iconic knife/bolt/hammer shield to a shield with "BUCK" spelled out, but went back to the knife/bolt/hammer shield in 1988.

Here's a 055 that I got a few weeks ago. It's model prototype, one-off by Michael Prater of Painter Pony for the 2011 NKCA Youth Knife. Prater did the bolsters for a person involved in the NKCA that year.
DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

Buck 307 by Camillus c.1971-74 (top) and Buck 301 by Camillus c.1971
RQeJGA6.jpg

Buck 307 by Camillus c.1985-87 (top) and Buck 301 made in-house c.1986
fiUXdSf.jpg

In 1985, Buck started making the 301 and a couple of other patterns in-house. Buck continued the 307 contract with Camillus until the 307 was phased out around 1998. In 1985, Buck also changed from the iconic knife/bolt/hammer shield to a shield with "BUCK" spelled out, but went back to the knife/bolt/hammer shield in 1988.
That’s a couple of nice pairs you have there , Al! And, thank you for that bit of Buck history to go along with the pics. I doubt that they would ever produce the 307s at the Buck factory, but we can dream.

EDC since the day I got it...
gnfdxkx.jpg

Love this knife!
I missed out on the whole forum knife thing (again) ... was this a special edition with 2 blades or is this a factory knife - can't ever recall a 2 blade Buck with a sheepsfoot opposite the ciip. If it's a factory knife - what is the model designation, as I'll look for one (I don't think its a 301 ??) ... thx.

Last edited:
I missed out on the whole forum knife thing (again) ... was this a special edition with 2 blades or is this a factory knife - can't ever recall a 2 blade Buck with a sheepsfoot opposite the ciip. If it's a factory knife - what is the model designation, as I'll look for one (I don't think its a 301 ??) ... thx.
Yes, it was a special edition. Configuration was voted on by BF members for the 2018 Blade Forum knife. Produced at the Buck factory, ordered by SKBlades. They come up for sale on the exchange every so often.

Factory-made, special edition, 2-bladed 301. There were 10 polls. Here's the last one...

2018 BF Knife Poll X: The Final Say

Back