Buck of the month

Anyone else take advantage of the September offering? It’s essentially the 2018 BF knife, same blade set up, steel is 420HC (not sure if the BF knife was 154CM or 420HC), covers are burlap micarta. Looks like a winner. I really regret not getting the forum knife in 2018, so having a second chance at the flat-ground/long pull 301 with clip and sheep’s foot is pretty excellent.

not sure if the BF knife was 154CM or 420HC ... I really regret not getting the forum knife in 2018, so having a second chance at the flat-ground/long pull 301 with clip and sheep’s foot is pretty excellent
Neither. CPM154. :)

I'm not getting one; I'll "make do" with my 301 forum knife. However, I've seen a few posts over in the Buck sub forum by people who ordered one.

Since they only made 500 of them, don't procrastinate too long. :) I doubt they will stay in stock very long. Unike the forum knife, these are availble to the general public, not just BF members.

Last edited:
Neither. CPM154. :)

I'm not getting one; I'll "make do" with my 301 forum knife. However, I've seen a few posts over in the Buck sub forum by people who ordered one.

Since they only made 500 of them, don't procrastinate too long. :) I doubt they will stay in stock very long. Unike the forum knife, these are availble to the general public, not just BF members.
I ordered right as they announced them. Just took a few hours for things around the house to die down enough to make a post. CPM154 is good stuff. Oh well. Buck’s 420HC has never upset me. I have a 303 I’ve carried for the past few years.

I ordered one. I have been (kinda) looking for the 2018 forum knife since it checks a lot of my boxes. This should work okay. I do like cpm-154, and the Bladeforums engraving would have been nice as well though.

I ordered one. I have been (kinda) looking for the 2018 forum knife since it checks a lot of my boxes. This should work okay. I do like cpm-154, and the Bladeforums engraving would have been nice as well though.
Honestly, the only real thing I’ll be missing on it is the Bos stamp. Haha.

Tempting, but I think I will pass. I have the Forum knife, a RR Improved Muskrat, and a very nice Queen Hawbaker, gifted to me by a very generous forum member who wishes to remain anonymous. That doesn’t exhaust the pattern for me, but I don’t feel the need to add any more right now. I’m going to go take a look at the Buck page, though.

Just ordered one, been waiting for a slipjoint BOTM. Definitly on the pricey side. I hope the fit and finish is a vast improvement over the 301 stockman I purchased earlier this year, love the knife but the gaps almost make Case look like a custom builder.

I'm on the fence, seems pricey to me, especially since I already have the forum knife.

Just ordered one, been waiting for a slipjoint BOTM. Definitly on the pricey side. I hope the fit and finish is a vast improvement over the 301 stockman I purchased earlier this year, love the knife but the gaps almost make Case look like a custom builder.
On the photos, the cover to bolster transition looks much cleaner than their usual 301, so I am hopeful.
The cynical part of me says this is a 301 with a blade delete, for almost double the price...

I'm on the fence, seems pricey to me, especially since I already have the forum knife.
If I had the forum knife, I likely wouldn’t bother. I don’t know if I was just not interested in slipjoints at the time (my interests within the knife hobby bounce around a lot), or what, but I just didn’t pull the trigger. Now I lust after the thing every time I see it in a thread. This is likely as close as I get with the exception of secondary market and related pricing.

Anyone else take advantage of the September offering? It’s essentially the 2018 BF knife, same blade set up, steel is 420HC (not sure if the BF knife was 154CM or 420HC), covers are burlap micarta. Looks like a winner. I really regret not getting the forum knife in 2018, so having a second chance at the flat-ground/long pull 301 with clip and sheep’s foot is pretty excellent.

I wish you had posted this over in the Buck sub-forum because then I wouldn't have known about this offer and wouldn't have bought one BUT - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooo you just had to post it here so now I've bought one. I've got the 2018 BF knife but don't use it. Probably won't use this one but what the hey!!! It won't hurt anything to have this one on hand. Interested to see how Buck did with the Black Burlap Micarta. Hope the pull on these is a solid 5 with a 6 being even better.

If I had the forum knife, I likely wouldn’t bother. I don’t know if I was just not interested in slipjoints at the time (my interests within the knife hobby bounce around a lot), or what, but I just didn’t pull the trigger. Now I lust after the thing every time I see it in a thread. This is likely as close as I get with the exception of secondary market and related pricing.
For some reason I had originally passed on the forum knife as well. I was lucky to grab one from the exchange soon after they were released. If I didn't already have it, I would probably pick up the September BOTM just for the full flat grinds.

Back