Buck of the month

Got mine today, fit/finish similar to what others have described. Good snap on both blades, no half stops. There are edges to the back springs that you can see and feel, they may tighten up a touch more with oil and movement. The micarta and metal transitions were done pretty well, I like the micarta color. I don’t have blade rub but it’s really, really close. Grinds are a little uneven. I added a lot of photos if anyones interested. All that said its an American made slipjoint for $100. I’m glad Buck still makes this one in the U.S. and it’s a keeper.

E1CADBF9-6CAD-4579-9099-17E141EA076D.jpeg47D1885C-8283-45CE-B0B5-CB5C6673B8CD.jpeg33CE1E8C-25B2-4108-8B13-EDFBC3E6C56C.jpeg4CDCA226-D4B9-4830-BB0F-F3BC924C4FB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine arrived as well. I am pleased with it. The grinds are a little weird. Secondary bevel is very wide at points, but they are symmetrical at least. Haha. I agree that the fit and finish is less than a GEC, which I expected. It’s on par with some of my Case knives and some vintage models I’ve bought. I will say this: my specimen showed up with incredibly shallow secondary bevels, almost to the point of being a zero grind, and the thing is screaming sharp. Shaves hair with no effort. As much as I love my GECs, I have always have to reset the bevel and sharpen them because they’ve been terrible from the factory in terms of sharpness.

My knife was delivered today via Cadillac. It showed as delivered around noon, but was not in the mailbox shortly after that when I took a lunch break. Turns out USPS delivered it to the wrong address, someone in the neighborhood, who nicely drove it over.

First impressions are positive (not as good as forum knife nor expected to be). I can work with this.

A695B268-A3C3-48A2-BAE0-8333FC959233.jpeg

Came in this afternoon's mail. Nothing glossy about this knife what-so-ever. It's satin finished through and through. Fit and finish isn't perfect but very good and I don't have any gripes about the edge grinds although one grind on the clip blade is pronounced. It's a solid knife and will make a terrific carry. I also like the black burlap micarta. Roughish texture and feels good in the hand. Both blade's pull is a solid 5 maybe a 6 for the Sheepsfoot blade. Another winner from Buck.

1633047901766.png

Last edited:
I am considering returning mine.
The grinds were pretty bad, but I could fix that. The issues were the blade rub (especially the clip), the gaps, and worst of all, the over-grinding. I had some hawkbill action going on with the secondary, as well as a pretty sizable recurve on the clip. Very nice design, just a little lacking in execution for my tastes. Probably been spoiled by GEC. and lionsteel too.

I am considering returning mine.
The grinds were pretty bad, but I could fix that. The issues were the blade rub (especially the clip), the gaps, and worst of all, the over-grinding. I had some hawkbill action going on with the secondary, as well as a pretty sizable recurve on the clip. Very nice design, just a little lacking in execution for my tastes. Probably been spoiled by GEC. and lionsteel too.
There are good, so so and not good. Most of the time Buck does a good job with the whole package with warranty and a moderator on the forums here to back it up. Monthly BOTMs, Limited Editions, Build Outs, Custom Shop, long history, factory sales twice a year and a Buck Collectors Club. All in theres alot there.👍

Back