Buck's Large Trapper

Wow that’s a nice bunch of trappers! I’ve been looking high and low for a 334 jigged bone and haven’t found any for sale. I spotted a black saw cut delrin for a low price but the clip blade was sharpened to almost a needle and the spey blade had been modified to a drop point. I’ve been wondering if they are half stops or rounded tang. I just got a 23 beaver tail with half stops that’s like a bear trap ! It’s nice but it’s a challenge.

Hey David, I sent you a pm question. Also was wondering if there is any information or spec sheets that have the details of the design such as half stops or single blade, or lock back version. I also think a fixed blade in this pattern would be great.

I answered^ . Phil Gibbs was in on much of the design of this model. Go to the Camillus collectors forum and ask there. Those guys frequent that forum. DM

Last edited:
Lately I've been looking at budget options for a user just to try out the pattern..Are any of the China Bucks this size? I've found no real bargains for USA large Trappers but I'm always looking..

Lately I've been looking at budget options for a user just to try out the pattern..Are any of the China Bucks this size? I've found no real bargains for USA large Trappers but I'm always looking..

Look for the 1989 Remington Bullet knife. The Plain version with the wood handle sells on the bay for around $50 give or take a little. It appears to be almost identical to the Buck large trapper. Which isn't surprising because they were both made by Camillus. I don't think the china Buck trappers are that big.

O.B.

Marbles has jumbo trappers. I have one and it's a well made knife at the price point. Would be a good way to see if you like the pattern. It is the same size as the Remington/Camillus jumbo trappers.
Bob

Back