Buoy, Junior, & the Bull

Very nice looking knife and sheath John, I've never done a dangler, but I do want to make one for myself of these days. They look like they would be more comfortable to wear for EDC, for example getting in and out of vehicles. The other thing I wouldn't mind trying down the road is a cross draw sheath.

Thanks Scott. I really like these danglers, a crossdraw that has some room to move would be great. The style that have a strap of leather that circles the sheath are interesting. I also like the type where the belt loop is like an 'X',where you can thread a belt through either slot on the the x and have it vertical or horizontal. There might be a way to make an angled crossdraw out if that.

It's bronze with forced patina. It's not forged, still working on that. I should have been more clear.

The smallest forged one I'll be able to do will probably be about an inch tall.

I'd like to see some patina on that Bullnose. :) Getting pretty excited. :cool: Sweet little bell. :thumbsup:

Ray

I've developed my own patina since yesterday, a clogged main to the septic tank will do that:eek:

Back to smelling like roses, getting everything boxed up on the bullnose.

We'll be picking things back up with the Model 1's and the Bowie from here along with some forging here and there. A forged project is being planned but I'm holding my cards close for now.

You won't be doing "customs" but would you build a model 1 with a handle style as requested by a customer?
Not trying to make you drop your cards or anything... :)

Ray

I would love to agree to that Ray but I've got to force myself to be in the business of saying 'No' right now. Trust me on this.

The SMOKESTACK BULLNOSE is in the house. :D

I am truly grateful to John for working with me to create this masterpiece. Not hyperbole to call it a masterpiece (even if I'm the only one to do so :rolleyes:) as it represents mastery of craft, attention to detail and the artist's eye to bring all the parts, materials, colors in perfect subtle & sublime harmony. YUP - I really really like this knife. It is the one of my most elegant possessions. That it is hand made with my needs & sensibilities in mind makes it all the more precious. It will be well used, dirtied up but always cared for - hopefully - many more years to come. AND - as cool as anything -
I am officially a member of the:

RedMeadow Knives

Clan of the Cowbell

Hey - but this is me speaking about how pretty MY baby is ;). You guys decide. :thumbsup:

SPECS
• OAL - 10.125"
• Blade length 5.125"
• Blade Steel - 52100
• Fittings - Bronze
• Handle - Blackened Stacked leather with micarta spacers
• Sheath - Leather stained and rubbed
• Maker - John Conner - REDMEADOW Knives

... and along with the cowbell (bronze no less, to match the knife fittings :cool:) John sent
a very elegant and pointy forged in a fit of madness scratch awl - so perfect for laying out dovetails
and mortise shoulders.

Again - thank you John, for a perfect knife and sheath and the handmade little bonuses.
It was the best box of crackerjacks I ever opened. :D

Ray

Last edited:
The SmokeStack Bullnose has pretty much suppressed all my lust for other fixed blades and John,
I barely look at other makers anymore. :rolleyes: Does that mean we are engaged or something :confused:

Just sayin' :thumbsup:

:D Ray

Ha, I think it just means I might be doing something right! Maybe I can learn something at Blade and we can get some good things going. Theres a class by David Lisch on "Flowed Guards" that I'm gonna try to attend.

Back