Busses and Whisky

The "e" might be silent; but it is a game changer.
I'm with @amflud - years ago, when I decided it was time to change my drinking habits, I turned to scotch...and failed. Bourbon, on the other hand, became an instant friend.

to keep this one on track......

LjZvrkc.jpg

I quit drinking 2 1/2 years ago because I can’t control my knife habit. :D
But it used to be tequila straight or vodka with a lemon washed down with a bunch of beers.
Go ahead call me a quitter:D
Congrats brother. 3 years for me. I was a whisky and beer or tequila or vodka or whatever kinda guy. I’ve replaced that addiction with a new one. Now it’s anything INFI!!!!:p

Congrats brother. 3 years for me. I was a whisky and beer or tequila or vodka or whatever kinda guy. I’ve replaced that addiction with a new one. Now it’s anything INFI!!!!:p
Congratz man.
That pic of Johnnie Walker, well I dont even drink.
Never have really. I just thought it might be nice to have to offer company ever Blue moon or so.
I remember buying some Brandy back in 07, due to a bad cold I had. It's still 9/10ths full lol.
That Johnnie Walker I bought was 1st thing I've bought since 07.
At any rate, I got enough addictions already ( guns and INFI, just to name a couple! )

There are a lot of whiskies here I haven't tried... good stuff! It sounds like I should try some Balvenie. Is there a particular one you guys would recommend?

There are a lot of whiskies here I haven't tried... good stuff! It sounds like I should try some Balvenie. Is there a particular one you guys would recommend?

Well if you like peated scotches, peat week 2003 is absolutely amazing. one of my favorite peated scotches.

If you like sherried scotches, go for the 15 year single cask. This is an awesome one. The 17 is overpriced in my opinion and the 15 is better.

Peated is good. I'll try and track a Peat Week down, I just looked it up and it looks great.

This is great timing as I'm getting an urge lately. I've had a few different tastes last couple weeks and I'm looking for a nice scotch to savor. It's interesting when i try reading about the different ones and reviews and thoughts- It sounds like they are on a acid trip with all their imagery fairy tails - I have a friend from Scotland and he talks up the name "Bowmore" but a little research there and it's like all the others - I appreciate the basics - it's good sht or it's not good sht :)

So I'll be googlin a bunch of these today in my spare time and see if they are even find-able and affordable. i know some of these hit hard without any guessing LOL!

Speaking of good sht: Aberlour A’bunadh.
I like it neat, although I'm told that's not how you're supposed to drink the cask-strength stuff.
Just a hair under 60% ABV, so it can stand up to ice or water, if that's how you like it.

Yes neat is how I'm leaning for sure - if I have to add something to it I have plenty of that in the cabinets already :)

Back