Busses and Whisky

Speaking of good sht: Aberlour A’bunadh.
I like it neat, although I'm told that's not how you're supposed to drink the cask-strength stuff.
Just a hair under 60% ABV, so it can stand up to ice or water, if that's how you like it.

Try to find the older batches batch 52 through 56 are incredible. I was not impressed by batch 59, 61 and 62.

I picked something up at lunch~ I'll review this evening :D ~ I must admit I had to at least take in it's scent but the seal was opened with a Rat as tradition dictates.

Managed to pick up another bottle of George T Stagg the other day. Grabbed an Eagle Rare 10, Willet, Col EH Taylor and Blanton's as well. I'm now well stocked for the next two weeks

Managed to pick up another bottle of George T Stagg the other day. Grabbed an Eagle Rare 10, Willet, Col EH Taylor and Blanton's as well. I'm now well stocked for the next two weeks

I cannot find george t stagg to save my life, anywhere. I have been trying to get it for 3 years now, lol

I had something a week ago while out with my sister - I had her ck on what it was and it was Glenlivet 12. So, not being any kind of Scotch snob, look at it as "Hi! I just joined Busse Forum, I hear this Infi is good stuff" ... that's me in the Scotch world - but I've had some primo stuff ages ago, couldn't tell you a thing about it other than it was like chocolate soda and $65 a glass 25 years ago - That could've made me an alky if I could've afforded it.
So this might be fun - I see the one I picked up is already represented here- and I honestly didn't notice it before so maybe I'm developing slight bit of "posh" already LOL!

I cannot find george t stagg to save my life, anywhere. I have been trying to get it for 3 years now, lol
I got lucky and won it in a lottery. The other bottle I got on sale from a liquor store, the manager liked me and held it for me. It's getting hard to find Bourbons nowadays. Eagle rare, angel's envy, Blanton's and more are allocated items. A few years back you could just walk in and take your pick. Same with the Japanese whiskies.

I had something a week ago while out with my sister - I had her ck on what it was and it was Glenlivet 12. So, not being any kind of Scotch snob, look at it as "Hi! I just joined Busse Forum, I hear this Infi is good stuff" ... that's me in the Scotch world - but I've had some primo stuff ages ago, couldn't tell you a thing about it other than it was like chocolate soda and $65 a glass 25 years ago - That could've made me an alky if I could've afforded it.
So this might be fun - I see the one I picked up is already represented here- and I honestly didn't notice it before so maybe I'm developing slight bit of "posh" already LOL!
I like a lot of the Glenlivet range. If you ever make it to the distillery they have a great selection of old bottles to taste. And you can fill your own bottle of a select 18 year old single barrel that's fantastic.

I will have to try it again now that I have something to compare to. I can see a small collection in the works already -

So here's my pic of my first go at it - It's yummy, but does it blow my doors off? Not really sure. I think I'm still looking for a little something else. There's a whole lot going on in the tastebuds for sure - my review would consist of "It got me a buzz" LOL!

Balvenie.jpg

I like a lot of the Glenlivet range. If you ever make it to the distillery they have a great selection of old bottles to taste. And you can fill your own bottle of a select 18 year old single barrel that's fantastic.

Many distilleries in Scotland do this and I love it. We should all meet at the Islay festival some day.

If you can find this bottle in a store snatch it up. I have not had a better sherried scotch until I reach about 800 bucks. only 234 bottles so it is not easy to find.

jAae9Mi.jpg

Many distilleries in Scotland do this and I love it. We should all meet at the Islay festival some day.
My best friend and I are planning on doing a tour of islay in about two years. I'm usually in Scotland once or twice a year visiting family so the hard part will be trying to carve some time away from them. Not sure I want to go during the festival, it's very busy and I've found some of the best time to visit distilleries is in the off-season.

Try to find the older batches batch 52 through 56 are incredible. I was not impressed by batch 59, 61 and 62.

Well that sux. The bottle I bought today is a 59. We'll see.

I should probably just go back to Sazerac Rye. Consistently excellent, and just a little over $25 a bottle.

59 is not bad, just not as good as the early 50's. You will still love it.

Screenshot_20190410-232931__01.jpg
This stuff is really good (in my opinion) and pretty reasonable considering the age. Has hints of citrus. And my first Busse, straight from the company store.

I was going to try WhitlePig Farmhouse Rye because I like Ryle and it's got pig in the name. But then I went to their website and read this: "The FarmStock Rye Crop 002 blend was crowdsourced from bartenders, influencers, and consumers from around the United States."

"Crowdsourced"??? From "influencers"???

I'll bet it tastes like vinegar and water. At seventy-five bucks a bottle, I'm not going to risk it.

"Crowdsourced"??? From "influencers"??? I'll bet it tastes like vinegar and water.
The Kardashian girls dipped their toes in it so $10 a bottle up-charge. Adds the aroma of Copper Tan Coconut and finishes with a hint of Clorox and TreSumme

I was going to try WhitlePig Farmhouse Rye because I like Ryle and it's got pig in the name. But then I went to their website and read this: "The FarmStock Rye Crop 002 blend was crowdsourced from bartenders, influencers, and consumers from around the United States."

I'll bet it tastes like vinegar and water. At seventy-five bucks a bottle, I'm not going to risk it.
My coworker had it a few days ago and said he really liked it. He was actually in a meeting with a whistle pig rep and a friend of his that were discussing a limited release bottling.

You do know whistle pig does not make whisky, right? They blend from different places, which is why many people will not pay for their overpriced bottlings. Besides Pikesville is better than all but Boss Hog.

You do know whistle pig does not make whisky, right? They blend from different places, which is why many people will not pay for their overpriced bottlings. Besides Pikesville is better than all but Boss Hog.

They say the Farmstock Rye has 32% 2-year aged Triple Terroir™ that they supposedly make from their own grain. The rest is 6 and 10 year old stuff made elsewhere.

Back