1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Busses and Whisky

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Keep in mind that if you like ardbeg as whole, then you will like the king of peated scotches. OCTOMORE.

unwisefool likes this.
  2. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Hadn't heard of it until now. Sounds intense o_O

Cobalt likes this.
  3. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Ardbeg, lagavullin and laphroaig average 40 to 50 ppm peat. Octomore starts at 167 ppm peat.

unwisefool and Currawong like this.
  4. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Yeah we finished up a bottle of the octomore at last year's whisky in the woods trip. Good stuff!

Currawong and Cobalt like this.
  5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    If it has more peat than Lagavulin, it has too much peat. Because Lagavulin is the perfect Scotch. QED, and all that.

Cobalt likes this.
  6. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    If you are a peathead lagavullin is great but it is just the begining.

unwisefool likes this.
  7. kniferMan

kniferMan

Jul 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Cobalt and Currawong like this.
  8. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Just picked this up. Anyone tried it?

[​IMG]

Edit: It's good !!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Cobalt likes this.
  9. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Been drinking oogie for many years. Love it.

10. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    That's a good one!

11. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    OK, looking for any opinions on something - I've read a bunch of positive on a real inexpensive strain - Anyone have a thought on "Monkey Shoulder?" Seen a fair amount of praise but maybe they aren't Infi fans so their opinion might not be of a certain standard I'm looking for :D

12. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    I like the bottle ;).

My wife likes it and I don't think it's bad for the price. There are definitely whiskies I've had that are more expensive that I've enjoyed less.

13. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    So here's a novel idea based on my position - I need one of those weekend seminar things on Scotch drinking. One where you go through a training session and learn the nuances to understanding what one finds appealing. Like this Balvenie I picked up, there's some things going on in it I like and some I don't but I have no way of expressing exactly what they are - Piglets, you know how much work they are right? :D Thank you for your tolerance ;)

I had a friend suggest I try a brew called "Green Spot" ~ Any thoughts on this one?

14. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Green spot is a really good Irish whiskey!

15. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Here goes.... my favourite thus far..... however.... I’m very partial to a good Bourbon!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  16. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    This thread is an education is Scotch!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Currawong likes this.
  17. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Green spot and yellow spot are both good. Teeling is good as well. I personally love Redbreast 12 year Cask Strength.

18. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Never had yellow spot or teeling, but I know the latter has won some awards.

Looks like my Islay distillery tour is going to be May of next year. Looking at booking a service that will take us around the island.

Cobalt likes this.
  19. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Finally landed a bottle of Drum and got a night off to be able to taste it. As some bottles do, I think it needs some time to breathe for the flavors to settle out. Pretty high octane for the first dram.

Oops...had to retake the pic with a knife!

E2FB42A7-7E13-4054-AB52-67F8B7E80EBA.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Cobalt, Currawong and unwisefool like this.
  20. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Did you end up getting a bottle? What do you think?

Cobalt likes this.