Busses and Whisky

Hell Cat Maggie!!!!:eek::cool::thumbsup::D

Amazing Irish Whiskey at a price lower than you can imagine!!!:eek:

If you don't like it, feel free to send the other 5 unopened bottles from your case to me for safe disposal!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Let's Drink!!!!:cool:

Jerry:D:D:D

Hell Cat Maggie......dead rabbits, make way for the bossman!, I mean Butcher!!:D:cool::thumbsup:
It must be some pretty good Irish Whiskey!

Besides Pikesville is better than all but Boss Hog.

Pikesville has topped my list of Ryes for the past couple years. Recently, the price dropped from $60 to $42 and I've been squirreling extra bottles away in every hidey-hole I can.

Bookers is my bourbon, Pikesville is my rye, and if I were forced to pick one...Ardbeg Kelpie CE would be my scotch.

Pikesville has topped my list of Ryes for the past couple years. Recently, the price dropped from $60 to $42 and I've been squirreling extra bottles away in every hidey-hole I can.

Bookers is my bourbon, Pikesville is my rye, and if I were forced to pick one...Ardbeg Kelpie CE would be my scotch.

Kelpie CR is nice. I have two CR's. I also have two Grooves CR and just got the new Drum CR

Kelpie CR is nice. I have two CR's. I also have two Grooves CR and just got the new Drum CR

Grooves is my wife's favorite of the Ardbegs in the same way that she prefers Little Book ch. 2 for all the Bookers. So smooth and easy drinking for their higher abv.

I'm anxiously awaiting Drum to distribute in Oregon. Of any scotch, I just think that one will be great aged in rum barrels.

I cannot find george t stagg to save my life, anywhere. I have been trying to get it for 3 years now, lol

I lucked out this year and was able to pick up a bottle at my liquor store. It had been on the shelf for 7 minutes according to staff.

My fortune would come at a cost, however. I took this bottle to a friends for a tasting. As we worked our way up the 10 bottles toward the GTS, the hosts husband had been making Old Fashioneds. After his bottle of whiskey ran dry, he made the last four using my GTS - at 3 oz GTS per old fashioned. I came home with about 1/4 bottle of GTS left. :D

I would have been upset had GTS been the subject of a quest like yours or if I had spent more than $99 for it. As it was, I was happy that it was enjoyed by everyone.

I was given one of the mixed drinks and I have to admit, it really was delicious.

Grooves is my wife's favorite of the Ardbegs in the same way that she prefers Little Book ch. 2 for all the Bookers. So smooth and easy drinking for their higher abv.

I'm anxiously awaiting Drum to distribute in Oregon. Of any scotch, I just think that one will be great aged in rum barrels.

I am comparing grooves and drum as we speak and can't pick a favorite. They are both excellent and totally different. I was able to score two bottles of Drum CR.

I am comparing grooves and drum as we speak and can't pick a favorite. They are both excellent and totally different. I was able to score two bottles of Drum CR.

This series is so good. This is my most anticipated release each year (well, now there's also little book).

Every year I try to get four of them, which is a little easier now that the liquor store staff know me and no longer think I am trying to resell them for a profit. I'm down to my last Dark Cove, I have 3 kelpie left and 2 grooves. I do admit that I traded a friend one of my dark coves for another kelpie, but I have no regrets.

Ok I've got a line on some bottles of Kelpie. How is it compared to other releases? Any versions I should steer clear of?

Ok I've got a line on some bottles of Kelpie. How is it compared to other releases? Any versions I should steer clear of?

Kelpie to me was all bacon and bbq. I like it a lot. But I am an ardbeg fan. To me Dark Cove CR is the best Ardbeg ever. Drum might hold second place to me.

Kelpie to me was all bacon and bbq. I like it a lot. But I am an ardbeg fan. To me Dark Cove CR is the best Ardbeg ever. Drum might hold second place to me.

Dark Cove has a rich flavor that while amazing, really has no surprises from start to finish. It's straight forward and wonderful. At the time it was released, it immediately became my favorite scotch.

I believe Kelpie is the riskiest of the batches - not that there are quality issues or anything, but that the flavor is unique. It took a few tastings for me to decide whether I even like it. This one starts out pretty straight forward then has a mid note that makes a unique flavor - for me it's a seaweed flavor. After a couple tastings I just started to crave this one and never stopped.

Grooves is almost butterscotch. It's super easy drinking for the high alcohol content.

Keep in mind that there are standard releases of each of these, with black labels and approx 86 proof, and there are "committee releases" that have a tan label and run around 110 proof.

Back