Busses and Whisky

It's pretty good. You know you're drinking a Talisker. Has the brine, tar, and smoke. The sweetness is there too. I don't find it's as good as the storm or distillers edition but I like it enough to almost be finished a bottle. I would recommend it at the price I paid for it. If it were the same price as the other taliskers I'd probably grab those instead. I'm also a game of thrones fan but I only bought one bottle the first time. After I tasted it I knew I wanted to get a few more. I'll have to do a side by side with it and the storm to really dial in what I like better about the storm. The distillers edition has a stronger flavor I find. Really stands out. Not as sweet more tarry or oaky.

Sounds like they got the house right on that one. The Lagavulin seems more like a Stark than a Lannister to me. House Lannister really should be a Macallan, but that's not a Diageo brand. Maybe something like JWB, but I guess the White Walkers had dibs on Johnnie Walker.

I really enjoyed the Oban reserve for the night's watch. Never had an oban before then so I can't compare to the other ones. The dalwhinnie is very sweet and I feel like the starks needed some smoke. I tried to get the lagavulin but no one here stocks it. Of course we can have drive thru daiquiris here but you can't ship liquor UPS/FedEx much less the postal service.

I really enjoyed the Oban reserve for the night's watch. Never had an oban before then so I can't compare to the other ones. The dalwhinnie is very sweet and I feel like the starks needed some smoke. I tried to get the lagavulin but no one here stocks it. Of course we can have drive thru daiquiris here but you can't ship liquor UPS/FedEx much less the postal service.

Oban is very good and mild so most people like it. I always see the 18 year Oban on sale for about 85 bucks, so that is a steal for any 18 year old.

If you guys can get your hands on this Rye, it is one of the best Ryes I have had and blows away Pikesville, michters, willet and whistlepig

hqdefault.jpg

I feel like I really scored today with this one. For the hell of it I browsed around the closeout isle and holy cow! There was Astar! I'd read about it but never imagined finding it on a shelf anywhere. I went to order it online once but was sold out so kind of gave up on it as it's not an easy find. I already had a few boxes in my hands and one of the gals stocking shelves came by and asked me if I wanted a cart - I said "no thanks, I'm really trying to avoid that" .... I managed to make it to the ck out but I will hang my head in shame, my arms were full :D ~ As it turned out it was all Glenmo~ today ... picked up some others to restock after the wife commented that I didn't have many bottles hidden behind the coffee pot.... what a mistake that was LOL!

GlenAstarInfiDSsyco.jpg

I have been meaning to try that one. I see it all the time at very good prices, which makes me leery.

I'm with wong~ come on Cobalt, you almost sound like the rookie you aren't ;) ~ look on the positive side, one less "bottle area" that you'll have to dust on the cabinet ;) ~
The bottom line on this one is, they played around with the barrels a bit with the Astar and there's really not a lot of it out there. Maybe it didn't go like they thought? For the first time ever I picked up Glenmo 10, and Lasanta, and 14 again and this one. So I'm comparing it to the 10 - sht man, I'll take this Astar all damn day long! if nothing more than the abv alone :D

Congrats. I got that bottle of Kavalan at a tasting last year but have yet to open it It was very good from what I remember.
It is! I actually got it off the clearance shelf for nickles! and yes, it is VERY tasty! Beautiful nose and palate. Floral, fruity and rich! For what it cost hell yes! Dare I say, will be the cheapest Kavalan I will ever buy. I'd like to try some of their others but damn, some of their specials are in the stratosphere of the price chart and what I've discovered is, price doesn't make it taste better that's for damn sure.

Back