Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

I believe this knife is a rebranded schrade 708, anyone here want to confirm or disprove this ?

( Just bought a lot of 4 nos off eBay, made for SABER USA )
I saw those and wondered about them but wasn’t sure so I held off. Please post them up when you get them. Great score though!

I believe this knife is a rebranded schrade 708, anyone here want to confirm or disprove this ?

( Just bought a lot of 4 nos off eBay, made for SABER USA )
Yes, very likely Schrade. Accordings to Goins', Sabre is a trademark of Cole National out of Cleveland, OH. Sabre knives were made in the USA, Ireland, Germany and Japan. I think KA-BAR also made Sabre-branded knives for Cole, but the one above is a dead ringer for a Schrade 708.

I saw those and wondered about them but wasn’t sure so I held off. Please post them up when you get them. Great score though!
It seems a lot of peoples probably felt the same way, I watched the item the since I wasn't too sure about the price and the seller ended up offering me an excellent deal since they don't seem to be selling.
I wonder just how many he has or where he got them ?

I will definitely be posting about them here, I'll be giving one or possibly two away here on the porch too if they prove to have decent enough W&T.
I'll keep one give one to my dad for sure, I doubt my uncle as a plumber would want the 3rd plus he prefers a slightly smaller multiblade than this.

Last edited:
Yes, very likely Schrade. Accordings to Goins', Sabre is a trademark of Cole National out of Cleveland, OH. Sabre knives were made in the USA, Ireland, Germany and Japan. I think KA-BAR also made Sabre-branded knives for Cole, but the one above is a dead ringer for a Schrade 708.
From what I've seen though American cutlers seem to have been the least common source for Sabre knives.
Most of the USA ones I've seen were rebranded Colonials, like the Swissmaster rebrand I had or the later ranger type rebrands I've seen.

Thanks for the info though.

The listing wasn't clear that you only get one of the 4.
It's a nice little knife and I'm keeping it, but I would have passed if I knew I was only getting the one.
It would cost around $35 to get a similar offering today from say Case so I'm not unhappy with the price I payed, but that's because I have it in hand.
I'd not gamble the $35 on just the one little knife like this.

For sure one of the best, sXeP, and all the better for being the SW with coined liners. The Uncle Henrys with their terrific Staglon handles have always been my favorites. I have a wonderfully mint example from the late '70s, so when I saw an SW come for sale on the bay a few months back, I started bidding on it. To my great surprise and disappointment, it eventually went for 2-3 times what I thought it should go for. :( They just don't come around very often!

ciiCAhT.jpg

Ahh I know the one you’re talking about i wanted it but not for what it went for haha. I lucked in to this one in untouched condition still in the oiled bag it’s number #8,400 something. The staglon is a lot more textured on the SW rather than smooth feeling, the satin finish feels different, the pull is shallow not as good as later version,and the shield is made slightly different are the differences besides the liners is what I’ve noticed. They’re too hard to come by these days so this one lives in its box.
For sure one of the best, sXeP, and all the better for being the SW with coined liners. The Uncle Henrys with their terrific Staglon handles have always been my favorites. I have a wonderfully mint example from the late '70s, so when I saw an SW come for sale on the bay a few months back, I started bidding on it. To my great surprise and disappointment, it eventually went for 2-3 times what I thought it should go for. :( They just don't come around very often!

ciiCAhT.jpg

Back