Camillus Boy Scout Knives

New items of my collection

Camillus BSA 90th Anniversary Commemorative #BSA788
ADCreHdX27Q6XoVRFQ7H5ZNj4lwk_0gRxceivA869bCq5kun9lB9eVJIrkXpLZQZaJyKz3aSa85Sfo_4vIdKLWNdGsVWM5Le0R6uWIx9bYZ74ZDm4SrBHweq_mU-FFDzfALAMAoemtmpzaTyMFu8ubV_odHi=w1024-h768-s-no

Camillus BSA Deluxe Camp Knife #1046
ADCreHcX0bZg95Fw6qRZ_DXC-pqcY9Z1flpzHmkz4RGbBQ-j2YA37Aao3NvUDgUU7fo8GuWjKfBcsxEqDvEWgvLjmcKl2wgbZn0ucuJBAdwtqOI26DyhQ70haQihtMm25OwaniEikK0WxA7c3p4hF2Sx8sXZ2g=w1024-h768-s-no

Question for CAMCO:
When Camillus started BSA model 1046?

Last edited:
The original 1046 with two-piece Phillips driver was 1986-1991. The later version that you picture came in 1992.

I found this Cub Scout knife today at an antique store. I paid about $16 for it and have no idea if that was a good price or not. I bought it because it reminds me of when I was in Cub Scouts and it looks like a quality knife that was made in the USA. I understand from the sticky that I can not ask the value of this knife so I wont. Kind of strange that they let sellers (gold members) ask the value of items, but not buyers (potential gold members). I guess putting the buyer at a disadvantage isn't a problem here. I would appreciate any other information, like date of production, if anyone happens to know. Thanks.

-remnar

Camillus
1992-2007
BSA No. 1883
The last Cub Scout knife made in the U.S. - at least thus far.

Thank you very much Thomas. I thought that it wasn't as old as many of the knives on here and now I know. This will be cleaned up and kept for when my son joins the scouts.

lol, I think that I much prefer my used $16 Camillus to the new $15 Chinese model. Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning the knife? I don't want to damage the delrin scales or take the logo off. I will definitely be gentle around the logo. Would Flitz gun and knife cleaner be a safe choice or is there something that would be better?

Camillus BSA 2005 Jamboree

ADCreHfvDbstH89AmwCUzdOk88rC332CbyaeEcpdIiscJlestH5rMGXEayIrgCeh61nhK6ScrLslkvwCklNa8J1UTlEbGx4fdavBrPc6QCejMRC9yISwNWEmnIJImlG2KA-jo0dwJx5isuGUhqDZOt0Rbnk4qw=w1024-h768-s-no

2 Thomas Linton and other experts:
What BSA number has this knife?

Last edited:
I purchased the "600 Scout Knives" book by Joseph Richard Kerr.
0_a38af_cb1caa68_L.jpg

I have scanned all the pages and convert to pdf-file.
This file contains 180 pages and has a size of 7.91 MB.

Special offer only for members of Camillus Collector's Forum.
Send to my email (vit213@yandex.ru) message with your nickname. In response, I will send this file.
Attention! Be sure that your email is able to accept the attachment of this size.

Camillus BSA 2005 Jamboree

0_a17ed_47e5a3d8_XL.jpg

2 Thomas Linton and other experts:
What BSA number has this knife?

Not an expert. Just a student.

You knife is a special issue. Not sure if it was assigned a number as the regular issue knives were.

Vit_213, some how I missed your offer on the scan of the book will send you my email address. Thanks for the offer. Nice knives and great pictures as always!

I'll start with my old cub scout knife... clearly evidence that a boy scout is not ALWAYS clean:

I've picked up a couple of others along the way, but I think they are pretty ordinary:

And then one I hadn't seen ever before:

Back