Camillus Boy Scout Knives

Today I learned that it is also Camillus made :rolleyes:.
Schrade BSA Diamond Jubilee 1910-1985 knife

ADCreHc97jKgcqJguO99TR2keWpkaDutfZUSJ5lpvNNUxRgMsKNyCaVMffVDwgCk184Eyh1BMV9Pt2QdCSSZudQQN-_B6sMCpWglcwvcoPE_cKVpa5YzTrur1U--GLyWjWcnFTKlkesnBJanA2RaY6FzwV61eQ=w1024-h768-s-no

ADCreHfbq0Uk82sNL8nUUueS1OgSTyIY44q6zoCpjJPrUZBuivmE29NxuUxETZl7zJt5nLcw1cV5infJWy-VbCteBamOpY6P5WSzw9skSbcq2M9698AJ5g2yNF6CkmitGJLM9_JSK3LdTQVHsk4HCR5W_-Kbhg=w1024-h768-s-no

ADCreHfQ_1cX9lLSuULeMhhqiTPdI3w_mpAkrRXi7q-1Qe9bxELxynGg0FPYT6EqpfqbpExFgAFj4QG2cVtnDRpPHEh1qpXJIJGxJMnvArU3FLu6BHkCw8RMzCZxOR2prk8Vk-eLetUz8bYSbjX8f8zNoe3j5w=w1024-h768-s-no

Last edited:
There is no current pricing. The knife has been out of production since 1997. If you want the range of secondary market prices, eBay is that market.

Thanks, been to eBay. I have six NIB of these that I want to sell, was just looking for a ball park on the secondary market.

Thanks Vit - I skipped right over that one. I'll send e-mail. I'll scan the above reference as well once received and make it available via e-mail pdf.

Thanks. I ordered a reference from Amazon that may be of interest to others:

Official Scout Blades with Prices Paperback – January 1, 2004
http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7NH42/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably the best available resource once you get away from this forum.

Incomplete, especially as to axes.

Only one picture of each knife - blurry B&W.

"New edition" is same old edition.

Missing critical measurements..

"Prices" extremely imaginative.

Like 500 Scout Knives, primarily a pre-Internet product.

If you locate an item or information that is not in the book, the author has no interest in hearing from you.

Probably the best available resource once you get away from this forum.

Incomplete, especially as to axes.

Only one picture of each knife - blurry B&W.

"New edition" is same old edition.

Missing critical measurements..

"Prices" extremely imaginative.

Like 500 Scout Knives, primarily a pre-Internet product.

If you locate an item or information that is not in the book, the author has no interest in hearing from you.

I will add that like all "price guides" for knives, the prices shown are outdated almost before publication if they were ever even accurate at all. If so, depending on the author's depth of research and access to actual market data, they were accurate only during the period of time the survey was being conducted. The collector knife market is very fluid with demand for particular items being very fickle. Interests and demand for particular items ebbs and flows constantly. Imagine for a moment that a period of time elapses during which interest in a unavailable knife increases. Five collectors are looking for one high and low. Some are willing to pay whatever it costs to add one to their collection. Another collector/accumulator/dealer sees this and decided to take profit from the half dozen he is holding, perhaps purchased years before at MSRP or even a fraction thereof. The first pieces sell for handsome sums because of competition. As demand becomes satisfied competition decreased and subsequent sales net less to the point that the last piece sells below cost if at all. Meanwhile others see the initial high price and decide to take profits as well, flooding an already limited market with more available examples. Prices drop. So value is relative only to what a knife sells for in a particular instance, the transaction between a particular buyer and a particular seller at a particular place (market venue) and time.

At best, these "price guides" are identification guides and represent the author's best knowledge at the time of publication. Which is almost always constantly revised as new knowledge comes to light over time.

Well stated Codger. Since I need to move these and have not found any recent sales, I guess I get to use my own imagination for my price. Thanks to all for the info!
If anyone on this forum is interested, send an offer to my e-mail. I would rather these go to a forum member before I post them online to the general public.
These are NIB "Tomorrow's Leader" BSA #1002

BSA #1002.jpg

BSA #1002 knife, which is shown in the post #17, was purchased for $80. Less than 2 years ago.

Cleaning out a box of stuff buried deep in a closet (under orders from my spouse) I unearthed an old Camillus Cub Scout 3 blade knife. Wasn't sure if it was mine or my younger brother's. Stumbling across this forum in an attempt to date the knife I am overwhelmed at the wealth of information available just for the asking. Much thanks to Vit_213 and his 'special offer for members of the Camillus Collector's Forum' from post #53. Armed with the education from this Forum, it turns out that I found my brother's knife since mine must have had 3 pins and this knife has only 1. Dates from the late 1970's. Nice surprise for us both though. It does however make me wonder what happened to mine in the 4 decades since I last saw it. Maybe it will turn up on e-bay. When I tossed this knife into a more accessible drawer I realized just how may other knives were already in there. I have sailed passed the line from accumulator to collector without even blinking. It surprised me just how many of the knives in that drawer were manufactured by Camillus.

Friendlyfire, ever heard of the expression "it didn't happen if there isn't a picture". We like pictures on this forum. Gives us an excuse to drool.

Well here are some pics of the Cub Scout Knife and the rest of the contents of my drawer. I've got a Randall Made Triathlete, a couple of red handled Swiss Army utility knives and a 1987 dated Camillus folding Pilot survival knife floating around somewhere too...Drool away!

Back