"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

hit 54 here this afternoon -- there's 1" of greasy mud over the hard frozen dirt underneath.

Cute Kitty Glenn.:):)

My grandson Trevor is a smart kid and graduated from high school early and with high honors. The Graduation Ceremony was today there were 176 kids from all high schools in Buncombe Co. combined that graduated early today. His hair may be long but so was mine at that age and although he is a bit of a hippie I'm still very proud of him. He will be attending Warren Wilson College this fall in their PreVeterinary Medicine program. He hopes when he graduates from there he can get into either NC State or UT's Veterinary Medicine program and become a Vet. I hope him all the luck in the world and hope his dreams come true.

nAcFE30.jpg
Congrats to your grandson, Randy. Every reason to be proud.

Sometimes you just have to see it on your phone to realize how cold it is... this was my screen capture the other morning; this does not include wind chill :eek: Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid +40's (F)... definitely an odd weather week.

View attachment 1065773
I am a little surprised that it was not colder than that up there Kevin , but that is cold enough .

Harry

Above freezing yesterday and overnight here. More meteorological yo-yoing to come. But I got a new shovel that should be better at long fetches.

Commiserations with the people of The City of Townsville in Queensland. I guess even the Power Puff Girls can't stop a flood.

You know how when you bring a loaf of bread home from the store that the bag is twisted and secured with one of those twist ties and the twist tie is twisted in one direction and then another and sometimes yet another? Wouldn't you just like to get your hands on the person or persons they hire to twist those twist ties up and strangle them just a touch?

I made a sandwich last night and dang near starved to death making it.

Just Sayin!!

You know how when you bring a loaf of bread home from the store that the bag is twisted and secured with one of those twist ties and the twist tie is twisted in one direction and then another and sometimes yet another? Wouldn't you just like to get your hands on the person or persons they hire to twist those twist ties up and strangle them just a touch?

Just Sayin!!
They defy the laws of physics sometimes :confused:

Just Sayin!!

That’s why you’re supposed to throw those things away the first time you open the bread, then use the spin-and-tuck method to close the bag. (Of course, if your wife is anything like mine, it’s unlikely that she will approve of this bread loaf closure method.) :D

...and it has been suggested that we BF folks have too much time on our hands :confused:
I think we have been upped! Genius r8shell r8shell ? :rolleyes:

:D Ray

Back