"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Heck of an ending to the Major League Rugby game yesterday. I didn't know we had a major league of rugby, but it might be only a couple of years old.
Seattle's lost the game! Seattle's a point ahead! Seattle's lost the game! Seattle wins!
H2uDat6.jpg

The Knife of Alaska will have to do. I don't have any knives of Seattle.
Saturday evening was the Top 14's final. XXth victory for Toulouse (amazing as it spells like "to lose" o_O:D) vs Clermont-Ferrand (14 time finalist - 2 victories :eek:).
No Toulouse knife, but Clermont is just 40km far from Thiers. A former C-F second row, Olivier Merle (known as Merluche or the man-and-half ) has designed a knife bearing his (nick)name : the Merluche, made by Florinox. :)
Copie%20de%20p2couto4.jpg

r redden r redden
Candles Are For Emergencies Only!
that and hippie vegan types who set fire to their crystal chakra curtains made of flammable earth sourced organic hemp fibre.
And dont be fooled by tea light candles eith their little metal dishes....they are a major culprit...always pit them in an organic Hopi clay fire pot , sustainbly sourced of course so they dont melt through the top of the telly.

Meako my friend what can I say my apartment was smelling like me old an musty so I broke out the Glade candle I just didn't know it would cost me $350.:eek::eek:

I forgot to post what I wanted to a minute ago. My ex talked me intro waiting for the air conditioner repairman so at 7am this morning I went to my old house and was met by Nyla the pitbull I bought my granddaughter about a year or so ago. She started barking and jumping up and down and I thought she had forgot me and was being a bit hostel. I walked in the house and she started jumping on me and licking. I had a seat she jumped up in my lap and stayed there. I've never had that kind of welcome from a person let alone a dog. So I spent the morning with I'd guess 75 or 80 pound pitbull in my lap and quite enjoyed it.

That was a nice welcome Randy, glad the pup knew you.

My dad's last dog was very agressive to me, and only calmed down if my dad was beside me. When that dog passed away a few years ago, and he got a new pup, I made sure to go over a lot more often to let the pup see/smell me often, so it would recognize me as a friend. It made a world of difference. I get a little nervous when a 200 lb English Mastiff growls at you.

T
Nice of you, Jer, but no flooding these days, we're expecting a heatwave next week. Toulouse had a short but very violent hail attack yesterday.
Hope highwaters won't cause too much problems in Kalamazoo.:eek:
This is a picture of the june 2016 flood (+6m).
View attachment 1148095
That's funny. Maybe BBC World News was having a flash-back.

Our rain has stopped and things should be pretty normal tomorrow, though I had an unusually exciting drive this morning. I was glad to have the Rav4's high clearance in the deepest water I've ever driven through. (I know you're not supposed to drive on flooded streets, but it was only patches, and nobody else was being swept away.)

T

That's funny. Maybe BBC World News was having a flash-back.

Our rain has stopped and things should be pretty normal tomorrow, though I had an unusually exciting drive this morning. I was glad to have the Rav4's high clearance in the deepest water I've ever driven through. (I know you're not supposed to drive on flooded streets, but it was only patches, and nobody else was being swept away.)
Ah! If the BBC said so, put that on French bashing! LOL :D:D:D

A porch right on the lake... Heaven!

An idyllic spot, Dwight! Looks like you'll have a nice weekend

Scouting movie locations ? Wow ! Have a great weekend !

Same to you, Dwight! That spot looks idyllic, and made me check the calendar. 6 weeks from tomorrow, we get to start a couple of weeks at the place we've rented each summer for almost 30 years, and pretend that it's ours.

Superb pic Dwight

Alas my friends, this is a photo my daughter sent in a text a couple nights ago. Her text read - “At long last I have a few days and nights of solitude to relax, read, listen to music and enjoy a glass of wine. The boys are fishing close to deer camp. Finally some time free of fish, feathers, antlers, motorcycles, four wheelers, diesel fumes and testosterone. The other night I was preparing dinner and opened the oven door. The oven was stacked with four wheeler parts Gage (my grandson :D) was powder coating!”
So twas her pic and the canine striking a pose is Sam a Great Dane/Bull Mastiff.

Back