"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Well, I wasn't shunning you, Jer. I did notice the knife racks, but wasn't sure how to respond. Never seen them mounted on cabinet drawers like that. I did think it looked a little dangerous. Wasn't sure what to say, which doesn't happen often.
However, I do enjoy your posts--they are always interesting.
Thank you.
Dangerous? They're resting on shelflets and secured by springs! And out of the reach of my niecelings, who visit one day a year (Thanksgiving). If the eldest is tall enough to reach them, he's old enough to learn not to touch the knives of others.

Nobody's impressed I have a 12" Russell Green River chef's knife?
hXNuxib.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.
Dangerous? They're resting on shelflets and secured by springs! And out of the reach of my niecelings, who visit one day a year (Thanksgiving). If the eldest is tall enough to reach them, he's old enough to learn not to touch the knives of others.
Just would have thought mounting them on a stationary surface would be better than on a door that can be slammed. Maybe I'm paranoid. Well, I am. But I've always kept my kitchen knives in a kitchen drawer and on a knife block sitting on a kitchen counter. Raised six children, and never had a problem. Also bought them knives when they were young.

Just would have thought mounting them on a stationary surface would be better than on a door that can be slammed. Maybe I'm paranoid. Well, I am. But I've always kept my kitchen knives in a kitchen drawer and on a knife block sitting on a kitchen counter. Raised six children, and never had a problem. Also bought them knives when they were young.
I'm not too worried about me slamming the doors, or flinging them open like Patrick McGoohan in the beginning of The Prisoner, because I'm never drunk enough to risk damaging a knife, and anybody else is likely to be careful, with all those knives in their face. I could mount them on the soffit above the cabinets, but I'm thinking of opening that up for cookbook shelves. Awful waste of space as it is.
Alz89tJ.jpg

Rover was great. I think my favorite Prisoner episode is Hammer into Anvil.
The Prisoner's having been a summer replacement show reminds me of something I'd like to ask Robert Klein. Was that Madeline Kahn who sang We Dined on Garbage, in his summer replacement show called the Bobby Klein Show? It was a skit about combining dinner with cabaret, and suggesting it was a bad idea. I can just see her face as she pauses after "Oh no, not your fancy cantina, my friend", and it sure looks like Madeline Kahn.
I'll try googling Madeline Kahn instead of Bobby Klein.

It was her. Apparently the show was called Comedy Tonight, which I remember as the theme song of the Bobby Klein Show. Not sure I'm wrong about the title.
http://madeline-kahn-being-the-music.blogspot.com/2016/04/in-search-of-comedy-tonight.html
If there were a Madeline Kahn knife, it would have be quick and sharp and brightly flashing.
Best I can do:
mELGw5X.jpg

And better photographed, but this is my best of five.

Last edited:
Nobody's impressed I have a 12" Russell Green River chef's knife?
hXNuxib.jpg

I am! :cool: I've never seen racks like that I don't think. I have a long magnetic rack, which is kind of crammed with 17 knives (I have a second rack, but I'm unsure where to put it) :thumbsup:

Remember when the idea of being watched by cameras at all times was a futuristic, paranoid notion?

I remember finding that a terrifying concept when I first read 1984 as a kid :eek: Mind you, I still find it terrifying o_O :rolleyes:

I assume I'm ALWAYS being watched. And I don't like it. Down with Big Brother!

Oops, posted this by mistake. I only meant to like the post...

Everything we say on cell phones is run through a filter, our location is trackable with our phones, all our emails are filtered, our online activity is kept track of.
It is what it is for us now.

Last edited:
Back