"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thanks for telling me, I'll stay away from Finnish beer, I just chose a beer that was available with high alcohol content. :)

No, no! You should try it and judge for yourself, lots of people here love it ;)

I dislike the local beer because a) It's all VERY similar to each other, can you really tell Lapin Kulta, Karhu, Karjala apart if blindfold...? b) rather sweet tasting not dry, very gassy. c) often feel lousy after drinking not much of it the next day...convinced Alko or Altia put an emetic in it to induce hangover as a punishment :D:eek: But as we say on the Forum Your Mileage Will Vary..or Kilometrage;)

Food, drinks are all entirely personal: I dislike Scotch but could live on Bourbon (entirely different drinks of course!) I never drink Vodka either :D

Great way to end my two-week vacation--celebrating the birth of my third grandchild:
j53n4Ib.jpg

She was born Friday, October 2.
aQh9cth.jpg

Sitting on the deck with my son, sipping Buchanen's Select 15-year-old whisky and puffing on an Oliva cigar.
QbhJEuO.jpg

Congratulations Vince :) :thumbsup:

Great way to end my two-week vacation--celebrating the birth of my third grandchild:
j53n4Ib.jpg

aQh9cth.jpg

Sitting on the deck with my son, sipping Buchanen's Select 15-year-old whisky and puffing on an Oliva cigar.
QbhJEuO.jpg
The proud Papa! Congrats on your new granddaughter, Vince!

j53n4Ib.jpg

aQh9cth.jpg

QbhJEuO.jpg

What a blessing, congrats!

j53n4Ib.jpg

aQh9cth.jpg

QbhJEuO.jpg
I guess his mother had a sigh of relief when seeing he (she?) came without the beard! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congratulations!

In 16 - 18 ounce cup:
+ 4 teaspoons (or 2 tablespoons) Folgers Red coffee crystals
+ 0.50 pouch (2 heaping teaspoons) Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
+ 5 teaspoons (or 2.5 tablespoons) Hazel Nutt powdered creamer
+ 16 - 18 ounce water boiling H²O; Stir Well.
= 100% yummy. (hot or iced)
:D

Last edited:
Back