"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Chemo and the outcome.
I’ve mentioned in a number of conversations that I’m taking chemotherapy for cancer. Many of you have done the same. My prognosis is that once this round of chemo stops working, I will go into hospice here at home and let nature take its course. Could be months yet but that is the inevitable outcome. I just want to be clear. No condolences needed. It’s just my life and I live each day grateful to see the sun rise and I make it as good a day as I can.

maybe buy a new knife …
Hang in there, Buddy!! The porch is an enormously supportive place, and helped me through a very rough patch!! Let these great folks step up!!

Don't forget to post your new knife!!

Mayonardo Mayonardo
Never surrender!
I cant find a link but I remember a story from the 80s about an guy who was diagnosed with cancer and given 3 months.
He checked himself out ,put his boots on and pushed a wheelbarrow across Australia...Across the Nullabor Plain!!...he was still going 8 years later....
point being he didnt give in..
May the sun be on your back.

Mayonardo Mayonardo - I've found that one day at a time is the way to go. Looks like that's the path you've chosen too. Any time you need to vent come here. I complained about having to go to wound care one day and these guys/gals busted my chops telling me to cheer up and just get through the day. It wasn't because they were being sympathetic so much as it was that they cared - at least that's what I care to believe. What ever you believe in or how you believe, "Keep the Faith".

Mayonardo Mayonardo - I've found that one day at a time is the way to go. Looks like that's the path you've chosen too. Any time you need to vent come here. I complained about having to go to wound care one day and these guys/gals busted my chops telling me to cheer up and just get through the day. It wasn't because they were being sympathetic so much as it was that they cared - at least that's what I care to believe. What ever you believe in or how you believe, "Keep the Faith".
Thanks so much. I know there is a kind of hidden association many of us have with the disease. Many brave souls.

Yes, today is THE day. I am happy that I get to keep experiencing them, one at a time.
I future the guys and gals who inhabit the porch are not going to let me get away with much. That’s as it should be.
Thanks again, and make it a good day!

Happy Columbus Day, everyone!
Egom3ME.jpg

It is my tradition (for at least 25 years now) to celebrate with a cigar, one of the most delightful products of the New World.
aQh9cth.jpg

Wishing everyone a safe holiday.
9NpQfdc.jpg

That's a great tradition you got going. I'm going to steal it. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even realize that today was Columbus Day until I got no mail. Nothing on TV etc

Back