"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Enjoy your new boots, David; sounds like you got a good deal! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
... I don't think I've ever worn a pair of "cowboy boots" in my life! :eek:;) ...

- GT
GT, I'm going to pretend I never saw that post. It must have been submitted during a senior moment. There's no question (in my mind) you were packing a pair of pearl handled 45s and had your Cowboy boots on the day you were photographed for your avatar. ;)

While out and about today I stopped at a large shoe and apparel discount place to look around. Well they was having a big sale but the real bargain was on shelves around the perimeter walls. Lots of different brands and styles of boots and shoes for "buy one,get one free". Being the deal hunter I am and even though I really didn't NEED a pair of boots let alone 2 pair, I just couldn't pass it up. Bought 2 pair of Double-H brand boots for $160. Now maybe a bit late to worry about if they're good boots or not, I still want to know if anyone here has experience with Double-H? One thing I like is they're USA made,and I wore one pair the rest of the day and they are surprisingly comfortable right outta the box
5pNQyN5.jpg

I have a pair of bison leather doubleH work boots with rubber type sole and they are very good boots. Sounds like you got a good deal on them as theyre not cheap boots!

One the great footballers of all time...too bad the fame and money goes to their heads in so many talented sportsmen.Im reminded of Georgie Bests response when ask what he did with all the money he made....I spent most of it on fast cars and loose women, the rest I squandered.

An other good one by George Best:

"I had a house by the sea, but to get to the beach, you had to walk past a bar. I have never seen the sea".

Dan.

While studying nursing in Texas I had a classmate that ticked all the boxes of the stereotypical cowboy and he LOVED his boots :)

I remember how frustrated and upset he was when he was “forced” to wear white running shoes for clinical practice lol

“I can’t walk with these things” he would complain over and over.

I've worn cowboy boots from the time I was about 10 years old.
Nowadays I rotate between my cowboy boots and my Merrill boots.
It depends how ambitious I feel about tugging on some boots in the morning.
I almost never wear cowboy boots on really long drives, my Merrill boots are more comfortable for that.

A cowboy is giving a talk to some school kids explaining that everything a cowboy wears has a purpose. He says, "Now, my hat is shaped the way it is to keep the sun off my face and the back of my neck and if my horse needs a drink I can use my hat to scoop him up some water"....."And I pull this bandana here that's around my neck up over my face so that I don't get dust in my eyes and nose when I'm trailing cattle".... A little boy sitting in the front row says, "How come you're wearing tennis shoes instead of Cowboy Boots"? The cowboy smiles and says, "That's so folks don't mistake me for a truck driver."

While out and about today I stopped at a large shoe and apparel discount place to look around. Well they was having a big sale but the real bargain was on shelves around the perimeter walls. Lots of different brands and styles of boots and shoes for "buy one,get one free". Being the deal hunter I am and even though I really didn't NEED a pair of boots let alone 2 pair, I just couldn't pass it up. Bought 2 pair of Double-H brand boots for $160. Now maybe a bit late to worry about if they're good boots or not, I still want to know if anyone here has experience with Double-H? One thing I like is they're USA made,and I wore one pair the rest of the day and they are surprisingly comfortable right outta the box

Good looking boots. Howsoever...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dont-squat-with-yer-spurs-on-texas-bix-bender/1113526931

Sounds like "sage" advice.

GT, I'm going to pretend I never saw that post. It must have been submitted during a senior moment. There's no question (in my mind) you were packing a pair of pearl handled 45s and had your Cowboy boots on the day you were photographed for your avatar. ;)
James, I may well have been packing a single stag-handled six-shooter cap gun (I think my 2 younger brothers and I each got such a handgun about the time of the photo from a newly-wed aunt and uncle, thanking us for letting my youngest brother serve as ring-bearer at their wedding), but no cowboy boots. At that age, I was probably wearing some kind of Buster Browns from the Grange store in the county seat. :rolleyes:

- GT

gosh ... this makes a lot of sense ... not ... a new factory Schrade 7OT/6OT leather sheath by itself is $20. Same sheath with a new 7OT is $18.
My vintage not "Schrade +" 7OT needs a new sheath. Guess which one I gonna buy next month ... or maybe January, since I run out of coffee and creamer today. :(

(Hint: I a cheap bast... I mean ... a cheap son of a bit ... I mean ... a cheap son of a gun. Besides, $2 will buy two 2 liters of generic Mountain Dew, with a few cents left over.)

That’s great! :D

His mention of MythBusters reminded me that I watched this video recently and meant to share it here, but for whatever reason I never got around to it. If I remember correctly, I think @meako has one of these giant display SAKs? It’s interesting to see it taken apart and how it all works.

That's very cool Barrett :cool: Those things go for a fortune these days :eek: I have this big Wenger, but it doesn't have any blades, and was actually part of a Wenger watch display :thumbsup:

ecM48P8.jpg

That’s great! :D

His mention of MythBusters reminded me that I watched this video recently and meant to share it here, but for whatever reason I never got around to it. If I remember correctly, I think @meako has one of these giant display SAKs? It’s interesting to see it taken apart and how it all works.

His enthusiasm for the SAK fired me up this morning lol
Last year I gave my 10 year old nephew one... luckily for me his mom/my sister was not too upset when he "drew first blood" from one of his fingers :eek:
I know what I'll be carrying today :)

Back