"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

You could. It's like riding a bicycle. We never forget, we just go slower.

Dan.

Oh, I still remember how to walk, but I definitely go slower! :D :) :thumbsup:

A feller I know, who's a fit 70, bought himself an electric bicycle recently, but had to re-sell it as he kept falling off. He said that he forgot to take into account the fact that he hadn't ridden a bike for 60 years! :rolleyes:

Oh, I still remember how to walk, but I definitely go slower! :D :) :thumbsup:

A feller I know, who's a fit 70, bought himself an electric bicycle recently, but had to re-sell it as he kept falling off. He said that he forgot to take into account the fact that he hadn't ridden a bike for 60 years! :rolleyes:

I havn't been riding a bike for years. There is no more dignified way to get around than walking. The last spring i've walked 25 miles in a day, it was on an easy terrain by a fine weather, just cold enough. When back home i couldn't help to think i couldn't be wrong about everything.

Dan.

Last edited:
I havn't been riding a bike for years. There is no more dignified way to get around than walking. The last spring i've walked 25 miles in a day, it was on an easy terrain by a fine weather, just cold enough. When back home i couldn't help to think i couldn't be wrong about everything.

Dan.

Dan.

I agree entirely my friend :) I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was 42, and I have to admit it wasn't always very dignified! :D A friend, who also didn't learn to ride until he was older, gave me the following advice, "Don't try to learn during the school holidays or you will be mocked ruthlessly!" :D I used to be a long-distance backpacker, runner, and climber, and never thought I would have problems with my feet, which have carried me thousands of miles, but these past 20 years I've had a lot of foot problems, including broken metatarsels in both feet, arthritis, bursitis, and various other things. Also, I'm older, and have other physical problems, so 10 miles would be a long walk for me now, even on easy terrain. I miss being indestructible :( :thumbsup:

I agree entirely my friend :) I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was 42, and I have to admit it wasn't always very dignified! :D A friend, who also didn't learn to ride until he was older, gave me the following advice, "Don't try to learn during the school holidays or you will be mocked ruthlessly!" :D I used to be a long-distance backpacker, runner, and climber, and never thought I would have problems with my feet, which have carried me thousands of miles, but these past 20 years I've had a lot of foot problems, including broken metatarsels in both feet, arthritis, bursitis, and various other things. Also, I'm older, and have other physical problems, so 10 miles would be a long walk for me now, even on easy terrain. I miss being indestructible :( :thumbsup:

Sorry about you health concerns. I have no reason to complain but I know that one day or another i too should admit that I am not indestructible. C'est la vie.

Dan.

I totally understand and agree with that. I'll also add that I used up most of my "9 lives" a couple of decades ago!
When I think about it I have to say a "Thank you Lord!"

I know the feeling Gary! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Here is my new mode of exercise, very specific to the flat confines of our mobile home park. Fun to ride, but getting on and off is the real challenge! ;)

KdyZrQI.jpg

Here is my new mode of exercise, very specific to the flat confines of our mobile home park. Fun to ride, but getting on and off is the real challenge! ;)

KdyZrQI.jpg
That looks like a lot of fun, and somehow caused me to recall a toy I never owned, but remember friends having, when I was a kid:

Id "grown up" by the time big wheels and green machines came in....but as a kid in the 70s......skid carts.,

Back