Cast Iron Beckerheads, Sound Off!

We just picked up the 17" dual handle cast iron skillet pan from Lodge. Haven't used it yet but looking forward to it.

It was the last one that Cabelas had and I was very pleasantly surprised by how smooth it was all around. Cooking surface was perfect, I just need to de sharpen the inside edge of one of the handles and it will be perfect.

Some of my previous Lodge cast iron cookware needed an entire day of smoothing them out. But they are perfect now. It will be used on our Camp Chef Pro 90X. I cook large amounts of food and then portion it & vacuum seal them. For simple easy meals.

Took a pic but can't figure out how to post it. Sorry

Also just picked up the Lodge 9" mini wok and lid. Perfect for meals for 1 or 2. Looking forward to using it.

EDIT: JIC anyone was wondering, the cast iron lid for the 2 qt dutch oven without legs or bail handle DOES NOT fit the mini wok. It is 8.5" in diameter & the mini wok cast iron lid is 9 1/4" in diameter. Thought this might save someone from making this mistake. I went to YouTube University and edumicated myself first, so I did not make that mistake. I got the proper cast iron lid.

Also: I was able to cook up 18 store bought Italian sausages all at once, in 17" skillet. Pretty handy being able to do that.

Last edited:
Crumpets look tasty, never heard of them.
Will try to make these too :)
Thanks for the inspiration.

Also just picked up the Lodge 9" mini wok and lid. Perfect for meals for 1 or 2. Looking forward to using it.

EDIT: JIC anyone was wondering, the cast iron lid for the 2 qt dutch oven without legs or bail handle DOES NOT fit the mini wok. It is 8.5" in diameter & the mini wok cast iron lid is 9 1/4" in diameter. Thought this might save someone from making this mistake. I went to YouTube University and edumicated myself first, so I did not make that mistake. I got the proper cast iron lid.

Also: I was able to cook up 18 store bought Italian sausages all at once, in 17" skillet. Pretty handy being able to do that.
Big talk for someone who “can’t figure out how to post pics”….😁

Sourdough cinnamon rolls
53024080561_a6d42a6bfa_c.jpg

That's amazing! I'm curious how it cooks now. I doubt seasoning sticks well to it, but its so smooth it may not need seasoning 🤣

First time making a Tourtiere (French-Canadian meat pie). Came out pretty darn good for a first attempt

51828349982_279e5eaa33_z.jpg

51830025700_13f1f54bf6_z.jpg
Any chance you would share the recipe with me? My paternal Grandmother (Québécois) used to make something similar all the time. I would very much like to re-create it, and yours looks lovely.

Any chance you would share the recipe with me? My paternal Grandmother (Québécois) used to make something similar all the time. I would very much like to re-create it, and yours looks lovely.

I believe this is the recipe I started with. I forget what all changes I made ( I never follow a recipe completely haha).

Back