:oops:
8eIcrI8.jpg

:)
ncqyhF0.jpg

:p
yVTT2Ql.jpg

:cool::thumbsup:😁
a904W0O.jpg

Uh, any cast iron cops around? :oops: I crossed over to the other side. Don't snitch me out, eh? 🤐 I pulled the trigger ...........
on a stainless skillet. SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! o_O Don't let the cast iron cops hear you, shush -k? It's an allclad d3, but shhhh!
~~
Oh good morning officer sir!! 😁

Man Iwish I could figure ot the Red X issue. I can paste the same photos from the same placeon three different websites the same way and this is the only one I get the RED X, very frustrating

Even more so because they were fine when I posted them. It's when I come back I see the RED X.

Last edited:
Uh, any cast iron cops around? :oops: I crossed over to the other side. Don't snitch me out, eh? 🤐 I pulled the trigger ...........
on a stainless skillet. SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! o_O Don't let the cast iron cops hear you, shush -k? It's an allclad d3, but shhhh!
~~
Oh good morning officer sir!! 😁

Seems like all the nice restaurants around here use either heavy stainless or those Lodge steel skillets. Having worked at WoodStone so long, I like to note what people are cooking with. Most of the nice places around here have WoodStone ovens and rotisserie. My wife and I are lazy…it’s hard to beat a heavy aluminum pan with a good coating for daily use. About the only thing we use our microwave for is heating drinks and pastries. We have a couple of Chinese Bialetti pans. They look like rough asphalt but super user-friendly and easy to live with.

myVTtH8.jpg

umpjalG.jpg

18nBq5A.jpg

S23zqJi.jpg

I’ve been scouring the junk shops for old, preferably abused cast-iron when I’m out looking for axe heads. tanglediver tanglediver and others have inspired me. Weirdly, old cast iron are a lot harder to find than axes…

Dutch oven pot roast from last weekend. It’s always real nice for the first day or two, then our interest tapers-off dramatically. I’m a fan of vegetables added in the last hour or so, but my wife prefers simple, which in this case was mostly old red wine, mushrooms, bay leaves, Montreal steak seasoning, etc.

vZK2Vcj.jpg

VV3Tz5Y.jpg

iC1A4DW.jpg

J8eHGVw.jpg

Heavily seasoned with salt and pepper, basted in Kerrygold butter 🧈 😋, garlic and rosemary.

While I was prepping the steaks and letting it get to room temp, I used a recipe from Ethan’s Joy of Cooking cook book. I threw in potatoes, Brussel sprouts and green beans with some oil and seasonings into a foil packet and threw it in the oven along with the cast iron skillet to warm up. And when I finished everything I only had a skillet to clean, no soap.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Last edited:
Back