CC just got charged for the CF Military M390!!

Got mine a couple hours ago. No blade play, no scratches, blade may be minutely off center, but definitely acceptable. This one doesn't have the menacing military "thwack" lockup though....but lockup is 100%. I'm satisfied.

superb fit & finish, perfect lock-up, even grinds - very happy with this sprint
thanks KW & Spyderco:thumbup:

new042.jpg

new025.jpg

Sympathies :( USPS is just about to get a whole lot worse, too. :mad:

Dangit! They arrived at the post office at 9:27 am today but they changed the friggin delivery date from today until Monday! AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH USPS!

Spydie Millies.jpg

Another one for the fold...sharp as F***, too. Just laced open my thumb good...not paying attention...hopefully the bleeding will stop soon...where's the super glue...

(you think I'd know better by now!)

Just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. So much lighter than my digicam g10 s30v version. Mine is in perfect condition... one reason I go for the sprints and exclusives, I expect just a little better/consistent quality. That tactic paid off again. Thanks KW and Spyderco!

To Heiheit,

Hey man! I can feel your pain! I am not sure what KW's return policy is, but hopefully it is better than the Bento Box Shop's. I recently got this BLUE G-10 PM2 from them. It came exactly as your with the scratch, not as big as yours but pretty noticeable too. Called them up and they would not even want to talk to me about replacement. They sent me to Spyderco. Thanks for Spyderco's good people they took care of the scratch and did not charge me a dime. But Bento Box is not good at all. I hope everything works fine for you. Good Luck!

To Heiheit,

Hey man! I can feel your pain! I am not sure what KW's return policy is, but hopefully it is better than the Bento Box Shop's. I recently got this BLUE G-10 PM2 from them. It came exactly as your with the scratch, not as big as yours but pretty noticeable too. Called them up and they would not even want to talk to me about replacement. They sent me to Spyderco. Thanks for Spyderco's good people they took care of the scratch and did not charge me a dime. But Bento Box is not good at all. I hope everything works fine for you. Good Luck!

Wow man, that really sucks! I'm glad spyderco took care of you though. Did they replace the blade?

I am nor sure what they did but I got the knife back with no scratch on the blade. I think they were able to remove the scratch somehow. Cudos to Spyderco! But try to work this thing out with KW first.

I am nor sure what they did but I got the knife back with no scratch on the blade. I think they were able to remove the scratch somehow. Cudos to Spyderco! But try to work this thing out with KW first.

Yeah, I'll call them up Monday to see if there's anything they can do. If not, off to CS it goes (with my other military that will be going back! LOL)

FWIW, I'm 99.9% sure that the KW people did not open or handle the knives before they were shipped. Calling them first thing Monday morning is a good plan.

I guess it was the people handling the knife at knifeworks who scratched mine.

FWIW, I'm 99.9% sure that the KW people did not open or handle the knives before they were shipped. Calling them first thing Monday morning is a good plan.

If that's the case, you're absolutely right. I should tell them to check my zt 0777 before it ships :eek:

Mine came today after all and both of mine rock - I'm extremely happy with them. Pictures to come . . .

Well, I called them today and they don't have any for replacement. This sucks.

I emailed Spyderco so we'll see what they say.

They'll just offer you store credit. That's the bad part about sprints. I've had to take a loss on a couple because of bad F&F...

I don't know about anybody else, but after reading through this thread I'm tempted to purposefully put a big scratch on mine so that I won't be afraid to use it.

I got mine on saturday (my zdp ladybug is "delivered", but nowhere to be found) and I couldn't be happier. This one is smoother than my digi Millie and definitely sharper. I ran it on the UF stones on my SM and it's just nasty now!

The only things I can find about it is the jimping is a little strange and there are places with burrs in the CF around the handle.

Well, I called them today and they don't have any for replacement. This sucks.

I emailed Spyderco so we'll see what they say.
What a bummer..I guess I got lucky when I called about mine. Although mine was in a rougher state than just a scratch. How it came to me, the blade was way off to the locking side. It didn't rub, but it had some side to side play..tightening the pivot got rid of side to side, but made the blade even more off to where if you put enough pressure when opening, the blade would touch the liner. Loosening the pivot to center the blade works, but side to side was even more sloppy..

I didn't think they'd be able to exchange since its a sprint..

The first one I got was rock solid and perfect..not sure what happened with this second..tracking shows KW should be receiving it today

Back